Monroe Public Schools: Monroe, Washington 98272
- Bearcat SWIMS to state title! - Congratz to Monroe High's Cathryn Armstrong - the new state 4A champ in the 100 yard Backstroke. She is the first state champion in swimming ever at MHS. will sign her "letter of intent" this week to swim for the Michigan State Spartans. Several teams were involved in post-season play including volleyball, girls soccer, football and cross country. Go Bearcats!
- Monroe school leaders are listening - Community members, families, staff and students provided thoughtful feedback about our public school facilities during the recent online School Board Listening Tour. All that feedback is now being merged for a final report. Of course, nothing takes the place of a face-to-face conversation so please let the School Board know if you would like to sit down to talk about our schools.
- Cat Tracks Club welcomes senior citizens - With fall sports, music and drama just around the corner, senior citizens are invited to join Monroe High's Cat Tracks Club to enjoy special benefits with home sporting events, school concerts and student drama productions.
- District Office: 360-804-2500
- School Board
- District Administration: 360-804-2500
- Superintendent: 360-804-2501
- Assistant Superintendent - Instruction: 360-804-2550
- Assistant Superintendent - Operations: 360-804-2570
- Human Resources: 360-804-2530
- Chain Lake Elementary School: 360-804-3100
- Frank Wagner Elementary School: 360-804-3300
- Fryelands Elementary School: 360-804-3400
- Maltby Elementary School: 360-804-3500
- Salem Woods Elementary School: 360-804-3600
- Hidden River Middle School: 360-804-4100
- Park Place Middle School: 360-804-4300
- Monroe High School: 360-804-4500
- Leaders in Learning: 360-804-2800
- Sky Valley Education Center: 360-804-2700
- Transportation: 360-804-2650
- Special Ed Service: 360-804-2600
- Special Programs: 360-804-2550
- Community Schools: 360-804-2570
- Staff Phone Directory
- Use this link to check School and Bus Schedule Updates
- What school will my child attend? Interactive School Boundaries Map
- Fast Facts about Monroe Public Schools
- Monroe Public Schools Foundation
- Monroe Public Schools District Improvement Plan
- ASB Reports
- Park Place Middle School solar panel project
- Report Card – District-wide
- School Schedules
- Class Reunion Information/contacts
- Local Weather
- Enrollment Options in Washington State
- Where are our schools?
- Have a question for us?
- Contact Monroe Public Schools (click on the
Contact Us tab above)
- Contact Monroe Public Schools (click on the Contact Us tab above)
Applications are available in English and Spanish and can be obtained from your neighborhood school or the Monroe Public Schools Administration Building, 200 East Fremont in downtown Monroe. For more information contact the Communications Office at 360.804.2503. This includes the Washington State Patrol Criminal History Background Check form.
Can't find what you need?
We are here to help!
Adopted by Monroe Public Schools Board of Directors on August 10, 2009
To fulfill our vision, the Monroe Public Schools will provide a safe, nurturing learning environment with a highly qualified, effective staff; promote active, engaging instruction for all students; and partner with families and community support agencies in order to ensure a learning community that practices shared leadership, embraces diversity and demonstrates a belief that each child can succeed.
Adopted by Monroe Public Schools Board of Directors on December 14, 2009
AREAS OF STRATEGIC FOCUS
• Develop a Comprehensive Assessment Program
• Advance the Capacity of the Organization to Learn and Improve
• Close the Achievement Gap for Underrepresented Groups by Improving
Systems of Support for Students Struggling Academically and Socially
• Expand Opportunities for Students to Participate in Enrichment and
• Rebuild District Operations and Infrastructure to Support Student Learning
• Build Access to Appropriate Technology and its Integration in the Learning Environment
• Enhance School Safety and Climate
• Expand Community Connections Through Communications and Meaningful Involvement
Adopted by Monroe Public Schools Board of Directors on January 14, 2008
- November 24 - MHS Cathryn Armstrong first state swim champion
- November 21 - Sky Valley Education Center students attend Model UN in Panama
- November 19 - Skykomish Valley Indian Education Make & Take Dec. 6
- November 14 - Fryelands Running Club trains for marathon
- November 6 - Monroe superintendent to retire June 15
- November 5 - Monroe scholars of the month
- October 31 - MHS Grad Sam Sanders earns Fulbright
- October 21 - MHS Drama presents Ashland Falls Nov. 14-15
- October 10 - School Board Director thanks Capital Facilities team
- October 9 - Monroe scholars tops in nation
- October 7 - Food Day October 23
- October 6 - School Board Director Nancy Truitt Pierce nominated to Governor's STEM Alliance
- October 3 - MHS September Department Scholars announced
- October 2 - Monroe Schools to host flu shot clinic Oct. 9
- August 22 - Walk Your Child to School Day set for Sept. 9
- August 15 - Farmers Market Big Hit with Youth
Our school newsletters will highlight new postings twice a month. Our goal is to refresh this page at the start of each month and then again in the middle of the month. This is definitely a work in progress so please let us know your suggestions for improvement.
If your organization is interested in taking advantage of this new process, please complete the Request for Distribution form and return it to the Superintendent’s Office.
By email to MooreB@monroe.wednet.edu
By fax to 360.804.2529
By mail to Superintendent’s Office, Monroe Public Schools Administration Building, 200 East Fremont, Monroe WA 98272
Or in person.
Questions? – contact Barb Moore by email or by telephone 360.804.2502.
- 12-11-14 - MHS Senior Class Benefit Movie Night - National Lampoon Christmas Vacation
- 12-16-14 - Monroe High School Youth Soccer Camp
- 11-22-14 - Cena Show 2014 Masquerade Party
- 12-11-14 - Junior Cheer - Chain Lake and Fryelands
- 01-15-15 - Junior Cheer - Maltby and Salem Woods
- 11-22-14 - YMCA Adaptive Programs
- 11-30-14 - Imagine Children's Museum - November
- 11-30-14 - Tim Noah Thumbnail Theater - November
- 12-01-14 - Lyon Ski School
- 05-28-15 - Shack Art Center Classes