Monroe School District: Monroe, Washington 98272
Catch up on all the bond updates on the new webpage: Your tax Dollars at Work: Bond 2015.
Watch our PUMA PRIDE!
(Use link above for a 24/7 view of Park Place Middle modernization)
To view news stories about the great things happening throught Monroe School District, visit www.msdnews.org.
- Monroe School Board Names New Member - The Monroe School District Board of Directors unanimously approved the appointment of Jim Langston to fill the vacant seat created by the unexpected death of long time Director Jim Scott.
- Monroe School District Announces New Vision Statement - A collaborative effort between many community members and school district personnel has resulted in a NEW VISION that is both reflective of the community's values and the district's goals. Learn more...
- Long time School Board Director Unexpectedly Passes Away - Jim Scott, a beloved School Board member of 11 years died Saturday, November 19. He is remembered for his huge heart and unwavering commitment to the community, its’ schools and students. Memorial Service to be held at Monroe High School, December 18 from 3-6:00pm. Learn more...
- MHS student leaders host ‘Kindness Matters’ leadership summit - Over 1,000 local high school leadership students from 23 different schools joined MHS students for a day of learning about being kind and compassionate leaders and why it matters. Learn more...
- Monroe Scholars are Tops in Nation - Two Monroe High School students were named semifinalists in the prestigious National Merit Scholarship Program continuing the string of Monroe’s public schools helping to prepare outstanding student scholars that gain national recognition. Learn more...
- MHS Alumni Wins Top Honor for Microbiology Research - Emily Clair Baker, who graduated Monroe High School in 2006, was selected as winner of the “MBE Best Graduate Student Paper” from the Society for Molecular Biology & Evolution. Learn more...
- New Frank Wagner Elementary School Playground - Thanks to winning a $200,000 Healthy Kids – Heathy Schools grant from the state, Frank Wagner Elementary Schools has an entirely new playground. Learn more...
- 24/7 camera films modernization of Park Place Middle - Work is well underway on the modernization project at Park Place Middle School, 1408 West Main Street. Use the link above to see the progress that's been made so far. This $69 million project, funded by local and state dollars, is the largest endeavor approved by voters in 2015. Construction will require three summers and two school years to be completed. Learn more ...
- Cat Tracks Club welcomes senior citizens - With sports, music and drama all underway, senior citizens are invited to join Monroe High's Cat Tracks Club to enjoy special benefits with home sporting events, school concerts and student drama productions. Learn more...
Questions? We are here to help!
- District Office: 360-804-2500
- School Board
- District Administration: 360-804-2500
- Superintendent: 360-804-2501
- Assistant Superintendent - Instruction: 360-804-2550
- Assistant Superintendent - Operations: 360-804-2570
- Human Resources: 360-804-2530
- Chain Lake Elementary School: 360-804-3100
- Frank Wagner Elementary School: 360-804-3300
- Fryelands Elementary School: 360-804-3400
- Maltby Elementary School: 360-804-3500
- Salem Woods Elementary School: 360-804-3600
- Hidden River Middle School: 360-804-4100
- Park Place Middle School: 360-804-4300
- Monroe High School: 360-804-4500
- Leaders in Learning: 360-804-2800
- Sky Valley Education Center: 360-804-2700
- Transportation: 360-804-2650
- Special Ed Service: 360-804-2600
- Special Programs: 360-804-2550
- Community Schools: 360-804-2570
- Staff Phone Directory
- Use this link to check School and Bus Schedule Updates
- What school will my child attend? Interactive School Boundaries Map
- Fast Facts about Monroe Public Schools
- Monroe Public Schools Foundation
- Monroe Public Schools District Improvement Plan
- ASB Reports
- ASB Reports - WAVA
- Park Place Middle School solar panel project
- Report Card – District-wide
- School Schedules
- Class Reunion Information/contacts
- Enrollment Options in Washington State
- Where are our schools?
- Have a question for us?
- Contact Monroe Public Schools (click on the
Contact Us tab above)
Applications are available in English and Spanish and can be obtained from your neighborhood school or the Monroe Public Schools Administration Building, 200 East Fremont in downtown Monroe. For more information contact the Communications Office at 360.804.2503. This includes the Washington State Patrol Criminal History Background Check form.
Can't find what you need?
We are here to help!
Adopted by Monroe Public Schools Board of Directors on August 10, 2009
To fulfill our vision, the Monroe Public Schools will provide a safe, nurturing learning environment with a highly qualified, effective staff; promote active, engaging instruction for all students; and partner with families and community support agencies in order to ensure a learning community that practices shared leadership, embraces diversity and demonstrates a belief that each child can succeed.
Adopted by Monroe Public Schools Board of Directors on December 14, 2009
AREAS OF FOCUS
• Increase Academic Rigor of Programs
• Develop a Comprehensive Assessment Program
• Advance the Capacity of the Organization to Learn and Improve
• Close the Achievement Gap for Underrepresented Groups by Improving
Systems of Support for Students Struggling Academically and Socially
• Expand Opportunities for Students to Participate in Enrichment and
• Rebuild District Operations and Infrastructure to Support Student Learning
• Build Access to Appropriate Technology and its Integration in the Learning Environment
• Enhance School Safety and Climate
• Expand Community Connections Through Communications and Meaningful Involvement
Adopted by Monroe Public Schools Board of Directors on September 26, 2011.
- 08-19-16 - Community Schools Instructors sought
- 06-23-16 - Groundbreaking of Park Place Modernization project
- 06-16-16 - Sky Valley students "letter" in community service
- 06-09-16 - Monroe students get gold at Scholastic Art Awards
- 06-03-16 - Construction begins on Park Place Modernization Project
- 06-03-16 - MHS computer science student wins laptop
- 06-02-16 - MHS Youth Coalition earns Healthy Communities Award
- 06-02-16 - CLE 2nd graders get "hands on" lesson in telling time
- 05-18-16 - HRMS Students design and test heart valves
- 05-12-16 - Local schools win state academic awards
- 05-12-16 - Volunteers needed to work on budget for 2016-17 school year
- 05-11-16 - Frame the future of Monroe Schools on June 18
- 05-10-16 - MHS Alum member of National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- 05-10-16 - Career & College Ready Seminar to begin July 5
- 05-10-16 - Online Credit and Retrieval Classes to be held this summer
- 05-06-16 - Summer Feeding Program begins June 27
- 05-06-16 - MHS presents "Big Fish"
- 05-03-16 - MHS Sports Medicine students win honors
- 04-26-16 - MHS students compete at DECA Internationals
- 04-26-16 - Maltby's Principal McKerney wins award
- 04-22-16 - Hidden River announces performances of "Little Mermaid"
- 04-07-16 - 2016 Report to the Community
- 04-07-16 - Frank Wagner sets "Pi Night" for April 20
- 03-30-16 - STEM Learning Expo set for April 6
- 03-30-16 - Sky Valley Community Schools announce spring/summer classes
- 03-18-16 - Park Place students win NAACP Prodigies for Peace contest
- 03-18-16 - MHS Ball Field Ribbon Cutting held March 14
- 03-17-16 - Skykomish Valley Indian Education hosts Evening of Native Culture March 26
- 03-11-16 - MHS student collects jeans for homeless teens
- 03-10-16 - A Hidden Crisis - Adverse Childhood Experiences - March 22
- 03-04-16 - Ribbon cutting for new ball field March 14
- 03-02-16 - Rapid Responder kept children safe during flood-caused transportation challenges
- 02-19-16 - Primary students celebrate 100th day of learning
- 02-19-16 - Haley Amenn wins space art award
- 02-19-16 - Elementary coding clubs underway
- 02-09-16 - Kindergarten Info Night set for March 1
- 02-09-16 - Sky Valley Community Schools seek instructors
- 02-01-16 - MPS & Chartwells host Winter Taste Washington Feb. 3
- 01-30-16 - Maltby students explore the world of engineering
- 01-28-16 - Frank Wagner hosts Family Literacy Festival
- 01-26-16 - Community Education Series announced
- 01-26-16 - Newest MHS Hall of Famers to be inducted January 29
- 01-23-16 - Three Monroe musicians selected for All State Band
- 01-22-16 - Kindergarten Information Night to be held March 1
- 01-12-16 - MPS presents State of the District to Chamber of Commerce
- 01-08-16 - MPS Baseball's Jared Cogar signs with Central
- 12-16-15 - SVEC wins Best Small Delegation Award at Pacific Model UN
- 12-15-15 - GearUp grad Cody Dean takes on grad school
- 12-10-15 - Monroe's Karen Rosencrans named Western Washington's Best Principal
- 12-02-15 - Baylor signs MHS gymnast
- 11-20-15 - Fryelands Food Drive takes over principal's office
- 11-18-15 - Sky Valley Junior to chair Model UN Commission
- 11-12-15 - Dictionaries from Tualco Grange to to Monroe 3rd graders
- 11-06-15 - Fall 2015 - News from Monroe Public Schools
- 11-06-15 - MHS October Scholars of the Month selected
- 11-05-15 - Monroe one of first to roll out new safety system
- 10-29-15 - Three MHS Scholars receive National Merit recognition
- 10-22-15 - Salem Woods boosts school pride
- 10-21-15 - Monroe's Mary Myers receives School Nurse Administrator Award
- 10-15-15 - Food Day at Fryelands brings bounty of local farms
- 10-08-15 - Financial Aid Night hosted by MHS Career Center - Oct. 27
- 10-08-15 - Monroe's Stanton is YMCA Student of the Year
- 09-28-15 - Feedback needed on Park Place modernization plans
- 09-18-15 - Community Meeting at Park Place Oct. 15
- 09-16-15 - Sky Valley Community Schools seeks instructors
- 09-04-15 - Walk Your Child to School Day Sept. 15
- 09-02-15 - TEALS comes to MHS
- 09-01-15 - Maureen Sullivan works with Jumpstart students
- 08-14-15 - MPD visits Summer Lunch Program
- 08-10-15 - MHS Jr is Sno Isle's Vet Assisting Student of the Year
Our school newsletters will highlight new postings twice a month. Our goal is to refresh this page at the start of each month and then again in the middle of the month. This is definitely a work in progress so please let us know your suggestions for improvement.
If your organization is interested in taking advantage of this new process, please complete the Request for Distribution form and return it to the Superintendent’s Office.
By email to MooreB@monroe.wednet.edu
By fax to 360.804.2529
By mail to Superintendent’s Office, Monroe Public Schools Administration Building, 200 East Fremont, Monroe WA 98272
Or in person.
Questions? – contact Barb Moore by email or by telephone 360.804.2502.
- 01-05 thru 02-11-17 - YMCA Miracle League Bowling
- 01-25-17 - Maltby Girl Scouts
- 01-26-17 - SWE Health & Fitness Fair
- 02-04-17 - St Thomas School Camp Fair
- 02-11-17 - YMCA Volunteers - Adaptive Programs
- 02-15-17 - Monroe Lacrosse
- 04-07-17 - Camp Killoqua
- 05-01-17 - Snohomish Youth Chorus
- 05-01-17 - Maltby T-ball Baseball Ages 4-6
- 05-01-17 - Maltby Baseball
- 06-30-17 - Schack Art Center
- 06-30-17 - Northwest Art Center
- 07-10-17 - Camp Invention