Monroe Public Schools: Monroe, Washington 98272
Catch up on all the bond updates on the new webpage: Your tax Dollars at Work: Bond 2015.
New school year starts September 10!
School doors open for the 2015-16 school year on Thursday, September 10, which allows for an "early start" on Wednesday, September 9, for students starting 6th and 9th grades in new schools.
Kindergarten students and their families will be having conversations with their new teachers (by appointment) for the first few days of of the school year and start regular class schedules on Monday, September 14. Families are their child's first teachers so our teachers are excited to learn from them and begin our formal partnership in their child's learning. Additional calendar dates are still under discussion.
Some families enjoy getting ready for the school year by pulling together supplies. Many supplies from previous years can be easily used again in the new year. Below as the "suggested" supply lists offered by school staff. Great care is taken by staff to keep these lists affordable. All students are welcome with or without supplies from home.
- FREE all day, every day Kindergarten expanded to all schools - Every elementary school will offer all day, every day Kindergarten free of charge to families starting in September. Register NOW to ensure your child's seat in your neighborhood school. Schools are filling up forcing students that register later to be bused to another elementary school. The Administration Building staff are here to help you until schools re-open August 24.
- Confirm your school emergency notification service - FlashAlert, the service that carries messages about school closure or bus route changes due to weather, has asked its subscribers to confirm their contact information to remain active in the School Report system. It is important to note that confirming/updating contact info in FlashAlert does NOT update school records so if there have been changes please directly contact your child's school office. Schools re-open on Monday, August 24.
- Cat Tracks Club welcomes senior citizens - With spring sports, music and drama all underway, senior citizens are invited to join Monroe High's Cat Tracks Club to enjoy special benefits with home sporting events, school concerts and student drama productions. Learn more...
- District Office: 360-804-2500
- School Board
- District Administration: 360-804-2500
- Superintendent: 360-804-2501
- Assistant Superintendent - Instruction: 360-804-2550
- Assistant Superintendent - Operations: 360-804-2570
- Human Resources: 360-804-2530
- Chain Lake Elementary School: 360-804-3100
- Frank Wagner Elementary School: 360-804-3300
- Fryelands Elementary School: 360-804-3400
- Maltby Elementary School: 360-804-3500
- Salem Woods Elementary School: 360-804-3600
- Hidden River Middle School: 360-804-4100
- Park Place Middle School: 360-804-4300
- Monroe High School: 360-804-4500
- Leaders in Learning: 360-804-2800
- Sky Valley Education Center: 360-804-2700
- Transportation: 360-804-2650
- Special Ed Service: 360-804-2600
- Special Programs: 360-804-2550
- Community Schools: 360-804-2570
- Staff Phone Directory
- Use this link to check School and Bus Schedule Updates
- What school will my child attend? Interactive School Boundaries Map
- Fast Facts about Monroe Public Schools
- Monroe Public Schools Foundation
- Monroe Public Schools District Improvement Plan
- ASB Reports
- Park Place Middle School solar panel project
- Report Card – District-wide
- School Schedules
- Class Reunion Information/contacts
- Local Weather
- Enrollment Options in Washington State
- Where are our schools?
- Have a question for us?
- Contact Monroe Public Schools (click on the
Contact Us tab above)
- Contact Monroe Public Schools (click on the Contact Us tab above)
Applications are available in English and Spanish and can be obtained from your neighborhood school or the Monroe Public Schools Administration Building, 200 East Fremont in downtown Monroe. For more information contact the Communications Office at 360.804.2503. This includes the Washington State Patrol Criminal History Background Check form.
Can't find what you need?
We are here to help!
Adopted by Monroe Public Schools Board of Directors on August 10, 2009
To fulfill our vision, the Monroe Public Schools will provide a safe, nurturing learning environment with a highly qualified, effective staff; promote active, engaging instruction for all students; and partner with families and community support agencies in order to ensure a learning community that practices shared leadership, embraces diversity and demonstrates a belief that each child can succeed.
Adopted by Monroe Public Schools Board of Directors on December 14, 2009
AREAS OF STRATEGIC FOCUS
• Develop a Comprehensive Assessment Program
• Advance the Capacity of the Organization to Learn and Improve
• Close the Achievement Gap for Underrepresented Groups by Improving
Systems of Support for Students Struggling Academically and Socially
• Expand Opportunities for Students to Participate in Enrichment and
• Rebuild District Operations and Infrastructure to Support Student Learning
• Build Access to Appropriate Technology and its Integration in the Learning Environment
• Enhance School Safety and Climate
• Expand Community Connections Through Communications and Meaningful Involvement
Adopted by Monroe Public Schools Board of Directors on January 14, 2008
- 08-14-15 - MPD visits Summer Lunch Program
- 08-10-15 - MHS Jr is Sno Isle's Vet Assisting Student of the Year
Our school newsletters will highlight new postings twice a month. Our goal is to refresh this page at the start of each month and then again in the middle of the month. This is definitely a work in progress so please let us know your suggestions for improvement.
If your organization is interested in taking advantage of this new process, please complete the Request for Distribution form and return it to the Superintendent’s Office.
By email to MooreB@monroe.wednet.edu
By fax to 360.804.2529
By mail to Superintendent’s Office, Monroe Public Schools Administration Building, 200 East Fremont, Monroe WA 98272
Or in person.
Questions? – contact Barb Moore by email or by telephone 360.804.2502.