Monroe Public Schools: Monroe, Washington 98272
- Tony Romanick, senior staff engineer with Associated Earth Sciences Incorporated, looks over soil samples taken by a crew from Geologic Drill Exploration Inc. this week at Park Place Middle School. Their work is in preparation for the school’s modernization that was approved in April by Monroe voters. A Design Team composed of community members, school staff, district leaders and architects are meeting throughout the summer to be ready in the fall with proposals the community can review for design of the modernization project that is expected to begin construction next spring.
- Class of 2015 earns more than $10 million in scholarships and awards - More than 500 students will graduate this month from Monroe Public Schools four high school programs and many will continue their education with more than $10 million in scholarship offers and awards - the most yet since local schools began collecting this information. Our community is invited to attend the commencement ceremonies slated for the next two weeks to join in celebrating the success of the Class of 2015. Learn more...
- Frank Wagner teacher duo honored with Academic Achievement award - Frank Wagner Elementary School teachers Kathy Salmi and Lori Johnson have earned the Monroe Public Schools 2015 Academic Achievement Award for their summer reading program designed to fight the loss of skills during the summer. Congratulation Mrs. Salmi and Mrs. Johnson! Learn more...
- State honors 3 local schools for academic achievement - Congratulations to the students and staff at Fryelands, Maltby and Monroe High and all those families, neighbors and colleagues that supported them. These three schools have earned Washington Achievement Awards from the state. Honorees are the highest performing schools in the state based on three years of academic information as reported in the Washington Achievement Index. Learn more...
- FREE all day, every day Kindergarten expanded to all schools - Every elementary school will offer all day, every day Kindergarten free of charge to families starting in September. Register NOW to ensure your child's seat in your neighborhood school. Some schools fill up early forcing students that register later to be bused to another elementary school.
- Next school year starts September 10 - School Board members determined the first day of school for the 2015-16 school to be Thursday, September 10, which allows for an "early start" on Wednesday, September 9, for students starting 6th and 9th grades in new schools.
- Cat Tracks Club welcomes senior citizens - With spring sports, music and drama all underway, senior citizens are invited to join Monroe High's Cat Tracks Club to enjoy special benefits with home sporting events, school concerts and student drama productions. Learn more...
- District Office: 360-804-2500
- School Board
- District Administration: 360-804-2500
- Superintendent: 360-804-2501
- Assistant Superintendent - Instruction: 360-804-2550
- Assistant Superintendent - Operations: 360-804-2570
- Human Resources: 360-804-2530
- Chain Lake Elementary School: 360-804-3100
- Frank Wagner Elementary School: 360-804-3300
- Fryelands Elementary School: 360-804-3400
- Maltby Elementary School: 360-804-3500
- Salem Woods Elementary School: 360-804-3600
- Hidden River Middle School: 360-804-4100
- Park Place Middle School: 360-804-4300
- Monroe High School: 360-804-4500
- Leaders in Learning: 360-804-2800
- Sky Valley Education Center: 360-804-2700
- Transportation: 360-804-2650
- Special Ed Service: 360-804-2600
- Special Programs: 360-804-2550
- Community Schools: 360-804-2570
- Staff Phone Directory
- Use this link to check School and Bus Schedule Updates
- What school will my child attend? Interactive School Boundaries Map
- Fast Facts about Monroe Public Schools
- Monroe Public Schools Foundation
- Monroe Public Schools District Improvement Plan
- ASB Reports
- Park Place Middle School solar panel project
- Report Card – District-wide
- School Schedules
- Class Reunion Information/contacts
- Local Weather
- Enrollment Options in Washington State
- Where are our schools?
- Have a question for us?
- Contact Monroe Public Schools (click on the
Contact Us tab above)
- Contact Monroe Public Schools (click on the Contact Us tab above)
Applications are available in English and Spanish and can be obtained from your neighborhood school or the Monroe Public Schools Administration Building, 200 East Fremont in downtown Monroe. For more information contact the Communications Office at 360.804.2503. This includes the Washington State Patrol Criminal History Background Check form.
Can't find what you need?
We are here to help!
Adopted by Monroe Public Schools Board of Directors on August 10, 2009
To fulfill our vision, the Monroe Public Schools will provide a safe, nurturing learning environment with a highly qualified, effective staff; promote active, engaging instruction for all students; and partner with families and community support agencies in order to ensure a learning community that practices shared leadership, embraces diversity and demonstrates a belief that each child can succeed.
Adopted by Monroe Public Schools Board of Directors on December 14, 2009
AREAS OF STRATEGIC FOCUS
• Develop a Comprehensive Assessment Program
• Advance the Capacity of the Organization to Learn and Improve
• Close the Achievement Gap for Underrepresented Groups by Improving
Systems of Support for Students Struggling Academically and Socially
• Expand Opportunities for Students to Participate in Enrichment and
• Rebuild District Operations and Infrastructure to Support Student Learning
• Build Access to Appropriate Technology and its Integration in the Learning Environment
• Enhance School Safety and Climate
• Expand Community Connections Through Communications and Meaningful Involvement
Adopted by Monroe Public Schools Board of Directors on January 14, 2008
- July 1 - Sky Valley Model UN Team Wins Big
- June 19 - Fryelands Swiftwatchers launch birdwatching season
- June 17 - MHS Senior Matthew Turner named AP Scholar with Distinction
- June 16 - MHS Seniors receive Heart of Bearcat award
- June 5 - MHS announces May Scholars
- June 4 - Frank Wagner teachers honored for fight against summer learning loss
- June 1 - MPS honors retirees
- May 27 - Culminating Challenge Summer Session Registration begins
- May 27 - Summer Online Credit and Retrieval Class offered
- May 23 - Sky Valley Indian Education to hold Pow Wow May 23
- May 22 - Five local students earn Washington Scholar awards
- May 1 - Frank Wagner's Rachel Sullivan is Monroe's Teacher of the Year
- May 1 - Hidden River students recognized by We Day organization
- April 24 - MHS alum is WSU outstanding senior - a year early!
- April 23 - Monroe STEM Learning EXPO set for May 6
- April 20 - SVEC student competes in regional spelling bee
- April 17 - MHS teacher takes Dostoyevsky-themed sabbatical
- April 17 - Three Monroe Schools earn Washington Achievement Awards
- April 16 - Two more Bearcats sign to play at college level
- April 13 - 2015 Report to the Community
- April 10 - Two MHS teachers pilot paperless classrooms
- April 7 - Sky Valley Indian Education All Day Rummage Sale and Car Wash - April 18
- April 3 - MHS March Scholars selected
- March 27 - Four MHS DECA students head to nationals
- March 27 - SVEC Robotics team cleans up at regionals
- March 16 - Sky Valley Indian Education Evening of Native Culture-Mar.28
- March 13 - MHS February Scholars named
- March 6 - NSBA names Randy Brown one of 20 to Watch Tech Educators
- March 6 - Dr. Fredrika Smith hired as Monroe's new superintendent
- March 2 - Community invited to quick finalist for next superintendent this week
- February 27 - TED-style talks come to Monroe High School
- February 27 - Jessica Cichanski wins top PLU scholarship
- February 20 - MHS January Scholars Selected
- February 12 - MHS Past Champions Inducted into MHS Hall of Fame
- February 12 - Kindergarten Info Night set
- February 10 - Community advice to be used in superintendent interviews
- February 6 - Former Seahawk named new Bearcat varsity football coach
- February 6 - MHS Artists honored with Scholastic awards
- February 6 - MHS Athletes sign letters of intent
- February 5 - Kindergarten Info Night March 2
- January 29 - Seeking new instructors spring-summer 2015
- January 29 - MHS student is NAACP Student of the Month
- January 29 - More opportunities for Superintendent Search advice
- January 27 - MHS Department Scholars announced
- January 23 - Monroe seeks advice on search for next superintendent
- January 15 - Hi-Q concludes first month of 2015 season
- January 13 - State of the District
- December 29 - Sam Burke chosen for all-state choir
- December 29 - Sky Valley art students win regional library award
- December 29 - Monroe adds 7 national board certified teachers
- December 5 - MHS November Scholars
- November 24 - MHS Cathryn Armstrong first state swim champion
- November 21 - Sky Valley Education Center students attend Model UN in Panama
- November 19 - Skykomish Valley Indian Education Make & Take Dec. 6
- November 14 - Fryelands Running Club trains for marathon
- November 6 - Monroe superintendent to retire June 15
- November 5 - Monroe scholars of the month
- October 31 - MHS Grad Sam Sanders earns Fulbright
- October 21 - MHS Drama presents Ashland Falls Nov. 14-15
- October 10 - School Board Director thanks Capital Facilities team
- October 9 - Monroe scholars tops in nation
- October 7 - Food Day October 23
- October 6 - School Board Director Nancy Truitt Pierce nominated to Governor's STEM Alliance
- October 3 - MHS September Department Scholars announced
- October 2 - Monroe Schools to host flu shot clinic Oct. 9
- August 22 - Walk Your Child to School Day set for Sept. 9
- August 15 - Farmers Market Big Hit with Youth
Our school newsletters will highlight new postings twice a month. Our goal is to refresh this page at the start of each month and then again in the middle of the month. This is definitely a work in progress so please let us know your suggestions for improvement.
If your organization is interested in taking advantage of this new process, please complete the Request for Distribution form and return it to the Superintendent’s Office.
By email to MooreB@monroe.wednet.edu
By fax to 360.804.2529
By mail to Superintendent’s Office, Monroe Public Schools Administration Building, 200 East Fremont, Monroe WA 98272
Or in person.
Questions? – contact Barb Moore by email or by telephone 360.804.2502.
- 09-04-15 - Summer Lunch Program
- 07-13-15 - Camp Invention at Fryelands
- 10-10-15 - University of Washington (Bothell) STEM Festival
- 08-04-15 - National Night Out Against Crime
- 09-15-15 - Snohomish Valley Volleyball Club
- 09-15-15 - Spanish at Maltby
- 07-20-15 - Northshore Soccer Summer Camp
- 07-27-15 - SVVC-Fusion Volleyball Youth Camp - 4th - 6th graders
- 08-03-15 - SVVC-Fusion Volleyball MS Camp - incoming 7th and 8th graders
- 08-21-15 - SVVC-Fusion HS Prep Volleyball Camp
- 07-06-15 - Friends of Hidden River STEM Summer Camp