Fryelands Elementary School
Welcome to Fryelands Elementary School!!!
Home of the Falcons!!!
January 12, 2017
Dear Fryelands Families,
Student arrival time to be on campus is 8:35 am. Each morning we are seeing students being dropped off at school as early as 8 am because parents need to leave for work or have other errands to run. It is a safety issue to drop students off early because we don’t have supervision until 8:35 am each day. Please make arrangements with neighbors, friends, family, or daycare if you cannot wait until 8:30 or later to drop off your child. Thank you for your help in this safety matter.
Do you drop off or pick up your students from school in the parking lot each day? Please follow these safety rules and respectful driving behaviors:
· Park AND Walk all students to and from the parking lot (never drop them off in the middle of the parking lot or park and let them walk through the parking lot on their own)
· Use the car drop off line/car pick up line if you don’t want to get out of your car (You should get in line by entering down by the skate park, instead of cutting in line)
· Do not stop OR park in a handicapped stall (unless you have a visible handicap sign/plate, this space is not for you to drop off)
· In the morning, drop off at any point along the curb/sidewalk. This will allow more drop-offs at the same time and speed up the drop off process. You do not need to pull forward to the front of the line to drop off.
· Please model respectful adult behavior and help keep our children safe.
Have you thought about how much time your family spends together in a week? I know the answer for my family would be “not enough time.” Many studies show that spending quality time together as a family increases communication and the overall well-being of all family members. The following statements may give you ideas on how to increase family time or reaffirm what you are currently doing:
· We eat dinner together most nights of the week.
· I set limits on the number of activities my kids take part in each day.
· We stick to bedtime routines and I spend at least five minutes talking with each child before they go to bed.
· We designate certain times as “no TV times.”
· We pick one night a week for Family Game Night or Family Activity Night.
I encourage you to have a conversation with your family about these ideas and see which ones you feel your family would benefit from trying out. Thank you for bringing your students to school on time and prepared for learning each day. If you have questions or concerns, please contact me firstname.lastname@example.org or at 360-804-3400.
Newsletters for this school year are always available online at www.monroe.wednet.edu
If you ever have questions or concerns, please contact me at email@example.com or at 360-804-3400.
Show your Falcon PRIDE every Friday by wearing read, white and blue!
We Want Our Kids to be Safe
There are 563 students attending Fryelands Elementary School. That means there are potentially over 1,000 parents and/or guardians that come onto our campus on any given day. In any system this large, it is paramount that everyone follow the safety procedures and systems that are in place. Safety of your child and the other 562 students is our number one priority.
There are 2 ways to drop off your child before school.
#1 Students may be dropped off in the front Drop Off Area near the building
#2 Parents may park their vehicle and walk with their child to the front door
The following are not approved methods of drop off:
- Letting students out of your car in the middle of the parking lot traffic
- Parking your car in the handicapped parking for a quick “drop off”
There are 3 ways to pick up your child after school.
#1 FROM THE FLAG POLE
(Park your car and walk up to the flag pole to pick up your student)
#2 FROM YOUR CAR
(You may wait in line at the car drop/pick up area in your vehicle,
this takes no more than 15 minutes after school)
#3 FROM THE NORTH GATE
(Park your car and walk up to the fence to pick up your student at the North Gate)
The following are not approved methods of pick up:
- Having your child walk to Tye Park to meet you
- Waiting for your child in your parked car for them to come to you on or off campus
- Picking up your child at the front doors or front crosswalk (please use flagpole area)
- Waiting for your child at any location other than those listed above, including outside the classroom, out front by the office area, or in the hallways
- Using the handicapped parking spaces, at any time to stop or park, unless displaying handicapped decal in window or on license plate
- Walking up to car pick up (Door #3) to get your child
15286 Fryelands Boulevard
Monroe, WA 98272
Toll Free: 1-800-282-7818
School Hours: 8:55 a.m. to 3:25 p.m.
Attendance Hotline 360-804-3401
Our community offers many opportunities for youth to enrich learning, Monroe Public Schools publishes notices from not-for-profit groups offering such activities on this website under Community Notices. Paper copies are often also available in the main office at our schools.
Other FRE links:
- ASB Reports
- Car Pick Up Map
- Curriculum Guide
- How Are We Doing?
- Learning Improvement Plan
- Lista sugerida de útiles escolares
- Report Card
- Report Card - districtwide
- Safe Schools Alert flyer
- Safe Walking Map
- School Schedules
- Student Handbook
- Suggested School Supply List
- Continue summer learning
Important Notice About Internet Safety
The best way to protect children from online harm is to keep computers in a family area of the home. Visibility allows parents to look over the students' shoulders without being too oppressive. Young children should have a parental chaperone whenever they are on the Internet. Two sites that discuss these issues and offer advice can be found at www.safekids.com and www.safeteens.com.
Hyperlinks to staff web sites (located on the Staff page) are provided for student and parent convenience, and all staff web sites are hosted by external Internet service providers. Monroe Public Schools assumes no liability for content contained on external service provider sites. Filtering software from one of the providers listed below is recommended to prevent unauthorized access to sites beyond the District's control.
2016-2017 Officers are:
- Misty Simoneaux
- Vice President
- Ashley Moyes
- Nola Parker
- Lisa Bussey
Dialing 360-804-2998 accesses staff voice mailboxes.
The search option lets families use their telephone keypad to enter the teacher's name to be connected to the voicemail system to leave a message.
|NAME (e-mail)||ASSIGNMENT||WEB SITE ADDRESS|
|Amstutz, Kathleen||Learning Specialist|
|Arnold, Vicki||Custodian - Lead|
|Ayers, Barb||5th Grade|
|Baca, Julee||Assistant Secretary|
|Carlson, Robin||4th/5th Grade|
|Durrell, Susan||3rd Grade||Susan Durrell|
|Forde, Lyle||Music Specialist|
|Gadd, Jennifer||5th Grade|
|Gillespie, Becky||2nd Grade|
|Harris, Lori||Office Manager|
|Hehn, Andrea||3rd Grade|
|Johnson, Cassie||Speech and Language Pathologist|
|Leahy, Michelle||4th Grade|
|McInelly, Jacquie||Learning Specialist|
|Morrell, Deb||2nd Grade|
|Morrell, Ken||P.E. Specialist|
|O'Brien, Maureen||P.E. Specialist|
|Pope, Laurel||English Language Learner|
|Reyes, Claudia||Kitchen Lead|
|Rosenthal, Sheria||Learning Specialist|
|Santamaria, Steve||4th grade|
|Schott, Janae||1st grade|
|Shepherd, Jodi||1st Grade|
|Singh, Rinku||Dean of Students|
|Slater, Darcy||5th Grade|
|Tenney, Kathryn||4th Grade|
|Turner, Stephanie||Learning Specialist|
|Velie, Julie||1st Grade|
|White, Sharlie||Music Specialist|
|Wood, Jennifer||3rd Grade||Jennifer Wood|
|Young, Lisa||2nd Grade||Ms. Young|
At Fryelands Elementary School, we are a safe, collaborative community where everyone is welcomed, valued, and respected, diversity is embraced, and individuals are encouraged to become confident, life-long learners.