Maltby Elementary School
Welcome to Maltby Elementary School...Home of the Mustangs!
Welcome to Maltby Elementary!
Our school is home to 400 students in kindergarten through fifth grade. We have a wonderful staff that cares deeply for our students and their families. We work in collaborative teams to ensure rigorous learning and that our students are working towards mastery of skills in reading, writing, math, and science. We’ve also ensured time everyday where students have the opportunity to receive additional time and support in reading in order to be successful.
While we are a small campus, our offerings are robust. In addition to our core curriculum, our campus believes in rounding out student’s education with enrichment opportunities. To support this:
- Maltby Elementary hosts a Montessori program for K-4 students. For the 2013-2014 School year we will have 3 Montessori classrooms. If you have interest in this program, please fill out a Montessori Interest Form and turn into the main office. We currently have waitlists at all grade levels.
- We have a dedicated Art Room with a wealth of art supplies for classrooms and parents to use.
- Our Music Program is exceptional, with students having multiple opportunities to grow. This includes an auditioned 5th grade Marimba group and a non-auditioned 4th and 5th grade choir. Each grade level hosts an evening concert during the year.
- Maltby’s PE Program hosts family Physical Education Night twice a year, as well as an all school field day. Students build on their skills during each class to become proficient in many different activities.
- Students are encouraged to check out multiple books each week. In addition to hosting 2 book fairs each year, our Librarian brings in an author annually to share with our students.
- Our campus hosts the Maltby Mustang Club after school at different times of the year. This year we are partnering with Pacific Science Center to offer 2 six-week sessions. We are always looking for community members that would like to share a skill to add to our class offerings.
We are thankful for our PTO and the involvement they have in creating many wonderful opportunities for our students. Through the PTO we are able to offer many other enrichment opportunities to our students. These include:
- Multiple assemblies each year with students participating in about one a month. Past assemblies have included; 5th Avenue Theater, Taproot Theater, Pacific Science Center, Chinese Acrobats, Electricity, Safari Animals as well as many different topics to support our curriculum and enrichment.
- Field trips for all grade levels. Each grade level brings in enrichment or takes a trip into the community. These adventures are supported by our PTO. This is greatly appreciated by our entire community.
- Supporting other projects that staff bring forward. The PTO is dedicated to supporting the needs of Maltby Elementary.
- Our PTO also brings our families together with events such as Bingo Nights, Holidaze, and our annual Community Carnival.
We welcome and encourage parents and family members to visit our school. We value a strong school-home partnership and want you to feel connected to Maltby. We believe that a strong relationship between families and our staff is the key to student success. Our classroom teachers appreciate the help of parents in their classrooms. It takes a team working together to raise a child.
We also encourage our families and the community to take an active role in helping to motivate the students at Maltby to achieve academic excellence. With the support of each of you, along with our active and involved PTO, we feel strongly that we can accomplish the goals we have set out to achieve:
- Attaining high academic achievement in the core areas of reading, writing, and math.
- Ensuring that every student attends school on time, EVERY day.
- Creating an environment where students accept responsibility for their actions and hold themselves to high standards.
- Maintaining our open door policy, in which parents feel welcome and understand that they are an integral part of the learning process.
Maltby is a safe, neighborhood school where your child's life will be enriched with memorable experiences. Student achievement is our top priority and we are honored to serve your family. We look forward to working together to create the best education possible for your child.
Principal, Maltby Elementary
9700 - 212th Street S.E.
Snohomish, Washington 98296-7198
Toll Free: 1-800-282-7818
School Hours: 8:55 a.m. to 3:25 p.m.
Driving Directions to Maltby Elementary
Turn East off of SR-522 on to Paradise Lake Road.
Turn left onto 99th St. SE (there is school signage)
The school is 1/2 mile on your left.
Our community offers many opportunities for youth to enrich learning, Monroe Public Schools publishes notices from not-for-profit groups offering such activities on this website under Community Notices. Paper copies are often also available in the main office at our schools.
Other Maltby links:
- Curriculum Guide
- Family Alert - February 26, 2014
- How Are We Doing?
- Parent Handbook
- Information and Interest Forms for Montessori
- Learning Improvement Plan
- Lista sugerida de útiles escolares
- Parent Input Form
- Report Card
- Report Card - districtwide
- Safe Walking Map
- School Schedules
- Suggested School Supply List
- Continue summer learning
Important Notice About Internet Safety
The best way to protect children from online harm is to keep computers in a family area of the home. Visibility allows parents to look over the students' shoulders without being too oppressive. Young children should have a parental chaperone whenever they are on the Internet. Two sites that discuss these issues and offer advice can be found at www.safekids.com and www.safeteens.com.
Hyperlinks to staff web sites (located on the Staff page) are provided for student and parent convenience, and all staff web sites are hosted by external Internet service providers. Monroe Public Schools assumes no liability for content contained on external service provider sites. Filtering software from one of the providers listed below is recommended to prevent unauthorized access to sites beyond the District's control.
Malty PTO e-mails go to email@example.com
2013-2014 Officers are:
- Beth Smith
- Thomas Huffaker
- Co-Vice President
- Erika Frederick
- Tanya Millhollen
- Erika Frederick
- Nancy Keller Weicheld
- Shelly Kvamme
- Susan Gibson
- Michelle Jacobson
Dialing 360-804-2998 accesses staff voice mailboxes.
The search option lets families use their telephone keypad to enter the teacher's name to be connected to the voicemail system to leave a message.
WEB SITE ADDRESS
|Biderbost, Ann||Language and Speech Specialist|
|Castillo, Ashley||TAP Paraeducator|
|Crescenzo, Christi||Learning Specialist|
|Flansburg, Melissa||Learning Specialist|
|Gilbert, Megan||5th Grade Teacher|
|Gregory, Tammy||Lead Secretary|
|Griffith, Stephanie||Full Day Kindergarten Teacher|
|Hansen, Stacy||1st Grade Teacher|
|Harmon, Bethany||Alternating Day Kindergarten Teacher|
|Harrington, Heather||2nd Grade Teacher|
|Hatcher, Debra||4th Grade Teacher|
|McMillan, Sharon||Tap Paraeducator in SLC|
|Mogg, Duane||2nd Grade Teacher|
|Norris, Chance||Physical Therapist|
|O'Grady, Darlene||Occupational Therapist|
|Pailoor, Sunita||Upper Montessori Teacher|
|Parry, Tony||5th Grade Teacher|
|Relph, Marie||3rd Grade Teacher|
|Reule, Mary||1st/2nd Grade Teacher AM|
|Rowe, Samara||Music Specialist|
|Schipanski, Staci||1st/2nd Grade Teacher PM|
|Shipe, Theresa||1st Grade Teacher|
|Smith, Kimberly||4th Grade Teacher|
|Stratton, Debbie||Montessori Teacher|
|Svitavsky, Lisa||PE Specialist|
|Van Horne, Britt||5th Grade Teacher|
|Weyrick, Tara||Assistant Secretary|
|Zeiger, Reneé||3rd Grade Teacher|
Maltby prepares children to think, care and be responsible