Monroe Public Schools: Monroe, Washington 98272
- Monroe school leaders are listening - Community members, families, staff and students are encouraged to share their thoughts and concerns about public schools in Monroe. Similar to the School Board's Listening Tours in 2013, Monroe school leaders want to hear your impressions and suggestions so the system can improve. This year a new online tool called ThoughtExchange is being used to expand the "listening tour" to even more of our community. Of course, nothing takes the place of a face-to-face conversation so please let the School Board know if you would like to sit down to talk about our schools.
- MHS in running for KING 5 Game of the Week for Friday Night opener - Our own MHS Bearcats are in the running for KING 5 TV's Game of the Week when they meet the Panthers from Snohomish on Friday night in the Bearcats first home game of the season. Vote on the KING 5 website. Team matchups with the most votes receive special TV game converage.
- 6 top “need to knows” for the new school year -
Share your thoughts about our schools at http://monroe.thoughtexchange.com/invite
1. Student calendar for 2014-15 – calendar postcards will be in your mailbox soon but we know families like to start planning so the link above takes you to an easy online reference for important dates - schedules for half day, every day kindergarten are also posted
2. Online calendar of school events that easily syncs with many home electronic calendars and prints on standard sized paper
4. Applications for free and reduced price meals as eligibility must be renewed each year
5. Link to Family Access where families can learn more about class schedules, bus routes and your child’s progress
6. Student Residency Questionnaire to provide support to families experiencing loss of housing or economic hardship.
- Cat Tracks Club welcomes senior citizens - With fall sports, music and drama just around the corner, senior citizens are invited to join Monroe High's Cat Tracks Club to enjoy special benefits with home sporting events, school concerts and student drama productions.
- District Office: 360-804-2500
- School Board
- District Administration: 360-804-2500
- Superintendent: 360-804-2501
- Assistant Superintendent - Instruction: 360-804-2550
- Assistant Superintendent - Operations: 360-804-2570
- Human Resources: 360-804-2530
- Chain Lake Elementary School: 360-804-3100
- Frank Wagner Elementary School: 360-804-3300
- Fryelands Elementary School: 360-804-3400
- Maltby Elementary School: 360-804-3500
- Salem Woods Elementary School: 360-804-3600
- Hidden River Middle School: 360-804-4100
- Park Place Middle School: 360-804-4300
- Monroe High School: 360-804-4500
- Leaders in Learning: 360-804-2800
- Sky Valley Education Center: 360-804-2700
- Transportation: 360-804-2650
- Special Ed Service: 360-804-2600
- Special Programs: 360-804-2550
- Community Schools: 360-804-2570
- Staff Phone Directory
- Use this link to check School and Bus Schedule Updates
- What school will my child attend? Interactive School Boundaries Map
- Fast Facts about Monroe Public Schools
- Monroe Public Schools Foundation
- Monroe Public Schools District Improvement Plan
- ASB Reports
- Park Place Middle School solar panel project
- Report Card – District-wide
- School Schedules
- Class Reunion Information/contacts
- Local Weather
- Enrollment Options in Washington State
- Where are our schools?
- Have a question for us?
- Contact Monroe Public Schools (click on the
Contact Us tab above)
- Contact Monroe Public Schools (click on the Contact Us tab above)
Applications are available in English and Spanish and can be obtained from your neighborhood school or the Monroe Public Schools Administration Building, 200 East Fremont in downtown Monroe. For more information contact the Communications Office at 360.804.2503. This includes the Washington State Patrol Criminal History Background Check form.
Can't find what you need?
We are here to help!
Adopted by Monroe Public Schools Board of Directors on August 10, 2009
To fulfill our vision, the Monroe Public Schools will provide a safe, nurturing learning environment with a highly qualified, effective staff; promote active, engaging instruction for all students; and partner with families and community support agencies in order to ensure a learning community that practices shared leadership, embraces diversity and demonstrates a belief that each child can succeed.
Adopted by Monroe Public Schools Board of Directors on December 14, 2009
AREAS OF STRATEGIC FOCUS
• Develop a Comprehensive Assessment Program
• Advance the Capacity of the Organization to Learn and Improve
• Close the Achievement Gap for Underrepresented Groups by Improving
Systems of Support for Students Struggling Academically and Socially
• Expand Opportunities for Students to Participate in Enrichment and
• Rebuild District Operations and Infrastructure to Support Student Learning
• Build Access to Appropriate Technology and its Integration in the Learning Environment
• Enhance School Safety and Climate
• Expand Community Connections Through Communications and Meaningful Involvement
Adopted by Monroe Public Schools Board of Directors on January 14, 2008
- August 22 - Walk Your Child to School Day set for Sept. 9
- August 15 - Farmers Market Big Hit with Youth
Our school newsletters will highlight new postings twice a month. Our goal is to refresh this page at the start of each month and then again in the middle of the month. This is definitely a work in progress so please let us know your suggestions for improvement.
If your organization is interested in taking advantage of this new process, please complete the Request for Distribution form and return it to the Superintendent’s Office.
By email to MooreB@monroe.wednet.edu
By fax to 360.804.2529
By mail to Superintendent’s Office, Monroe Public Schools Administration Building, 200 East Fremont, Monroe WA 98272
Or in person.
Questions? – contact Barb Moore by email or by telephone 360.804.2502.
- 09-18-14 - Girls Select Basketball Tryouts
- 09-24-14 - Children's Musical Performance Club
- 09-24-14 - Fall Musical Theater Classes
- 09-30-14 - Tim Noah September Classes
- 09-30-14 - Maltby Spanish classes
- 09-30-14 - Hidden River Spanish classes
- 10-01-14 - High School Bowling
- 10-05-14 - Fire District #7 Open House
- 10-04-14 - Run for the Arts set for October 4
- 10-04-14 - Register for 2014 Run for the Arts