Monroe Public Schools: Monroe, Washington 98272
- Ready for Kindergarten? - Registration begins on Tuesday, March 4 at each neighborhood elementary school. Families have many choices on Kindergarten programs and schedules:
Interest from families determine which schedules are offered at each school. It is important to register this month as decisions about these schedules are made in early April. Only those schedules with adequate interest will be offered in September. Late registrations may also result in attending a student attending a school outside your neighborhood when space is not available. The earlier registrations are completed the better able school staff are able to plan for September 2014.
- Daylight Saving Time starts Sunday - "Spring forward" begins this weekend. Move your clocks ahead Saturday night before going to bed then enjoy an extra hour of daylight starting on Sunday. In the U.S., 2 a.m. was originally chosen as the changeover time because it was practical and minimized disruption. Most people were at home and it is early enough that the entire continental U.S. switches to Daylight Saving Time by daybreak.
- Presidential Scholar nominated from MHS - Monroe High School senior Evan Wang has been selected as a candidate for the prestigious U.S. Presidential Scholars program. Each year just 3,000 candidates are identified for the academic component of the program, based on having exceptionally high scores on the SAT or the ACT.
- Entering Monroe High in September? - Monroe High School invites you and your family to "Prospective Student Night" on Thursday, March 13 from 6-8 p.m. The evening includes lots of great information about becoming a MHS Bearcat from classes offered to after school activities and clubs. The evening is open to incoming 9th graders and students in older grades interested in attending MHS in the September 2014. Following this evening, prospective students may also shadow a Bearcat on Tour Tuesdays/Thursdays. Contact the Career Center for details.
- Much in common - It is an honor to be your educational partner. We have much in common helping all students achieve success - in school and after graduation whether they select college/other training or start a career. To be successful partners we need to share information so please let us know your questions and comments.
- District Office: 360-804-2500
- School Board
- District Administration: 360-804-2500
- Superintendent: 360-804-2501
- Assistant Superintendent - Instruction: 360-804-2550
- Assistant Superintendent - Operations: 360-804-2570
- Human Resources: 360-804-2530
- Chain Lake Elementary School: 360-804-3100
- Frank Wagner Elementary School: 360-804-3300
- Fryelands Elementary School: 360-804-3400
- Maltby Elementary School: 360-804-3500
- Salem Woods Elementary School: 360-804-3600
- Hidden River Middle School: 360-804-4100
- Monroe Middle School: 360-804-4200
- Park Place Middle School: 360-804-4300
- Monroe High School: 360-804-4500
- Leaders in Learning: 360-804-2800
- Sky Valley Education Center: 360-804-2700
- Transportation: 360-804-2650
- Special Ed Service: 360-804-2600
- Special Programs: 360-804-2550
- Community Schools: 360-804-2570
- Staff Phone Directory
- Use this link to check School and Bus Schedule Updates
- What school will my child attend? Interactive School Boundaries Map
- Family Alert - September 16, 2013
- Family Alert - September 24, 2013
- Family Alert - Update to September 24, 2013
- Family Alert - September 30, 2013
- Family Alert - Update to September 30, 2013
- Fast Facts about Monroe Public Schools
- Monroe Public Schools Foundation
- Monroe Public Schools District Improvement Plan
- Park Place Middle School solar panel project
- Report Card – District-wide
- School Schedules
- Class Reunion Information/contacts
- Family Alert - December 14, 2012
- Local Weather
- Where are our schools?
- Have a question for us?
- Contact Monroe Public Schools (click on the
Contact Us tab above)
- Contact Monroe Public Schools (click on the Contact Us tab above)
Applications are available in English and Spanish and can be obtained from your neighborhood school or the Monroe Public Schools Administration Building, 200 East Fremont in downtown Monroe. For more information contact the Communications Office at 360.804.2503. This includes the Washington State Patrol Criminal History Background Check form.
Can't find what you need?
We are here to help!
Adopted by Monroe Public Schools Board of Directors on August 10, 2009
To fulfill our vision, the Monroe Public Schools will provide a safe, nurturing learning environment with a highly qualified, effective staff; promote active, engaging instruction for all students; and partner with families and community support agencies in order to ensure a learning community that practices shared leadership, embraces diversity and demonstrates a belief that each child can succeed.
Adopted by Monroe Public Schools Board of Directors on December 14, 2009
AREAS OF STRATEGIC FOCUS
• Develop a Comprehensive Assessment Program
• Advance the Capacity of the Organization to Learn and Improve
• Close the Achievement Gap for Underrepresented Groups by Improving
Systems of Support for Students Struggling Academically and Socially
• Expand Opportunities for Students to Participate in Enrichment and
• Rebuild District Operations and Infrastructure to Support Student Learning
• Build Access to Appropriate Technology and its Integration in the Learning Environment
• Enhance School Safety and Climate
• Expand Community Connections Through Communications and Meaningful Involvement
Adopted by Monroe Public Schools Board of Directors on January 14, 2008
- 03-06-14 - Kids in the Kitchen - A Culinary Competition
- 03-03-14 - February MHS Department Scholars
- 03-04-14 - Online Safety Program - March 18
- 02-26-14 - January MHS department scholars
- 02-21-14 - "Nick of Time" prevention program comes to Monroe High
- 02-21-14 - Information Night for families with incoming 6th graders in September 2014
- 02-20-14 - Registration for All Day Kindergarten due by April 4
- 02-20-14 - Fecha límite para la inscripción de Jardín de infantes de día completo es 4 de abril de 2014
- 02-14-14 - MHS student candidate for Presidential Scholar
- 02-14-14 - November MHS department scholars
- 02-14-14 - December MHS department scholars
- 02-07-14 - MHS Prospective Students Open House - March 13
- 02-05-14 - Frank Wagner's Dual Language Kindergarten Info Night - Feb. 19
- 02-04-14 - Budget Committee begins for 2014-15 - volunteers needed
- 02-03-14 - Kindergarten Information Night - March 4
- 01-30-14 - We Are One Night at MHS on February 12 - Community Invited
- 01-30-14 - Gear UP & Go Gets 5th Graders Moving
- 01-30-14 - Sky Valley Community Schools Seek New Instructors
- 01-24-14 - Report to the Community
- 01-13-14 - Monroe teachers earn National Board certification
- 01-10-14 - Coates a surprise Hall of Fame inductee
- 01-02-14 - Monroe revives Hall of Fame on January 9
- 12-19-13 - Audubon grants awarded to 2 Monroe teachers
- 12-09-13 - MHS Students picked for All State Honor Music groups
- 11-26-13 - Monroe High department scholars named
- 11-25-13 - Monroe School Board named Board of Distinction second time
- 11-25-13 - Skykomish Valley Indian Education holds annual meeting
- 11-18-13 - Randy Brown wins Golden Apple
- 11-18-13 - Hidden River Middle School Prepares for College
- 11-18-13 - Key Club raises funds for One Dollar for Life
- 10-29-13 - World Trade Summit comes to Monroe High
- 10-25-13 - Monroe High School selects department scholars
- 09-27-13 - Two National Merit Semifinalists at Monroe High
- 09-27-13 - Wind Ensemble selected for state conference
- 09-27-13 - Monroe Public Schools to hold School Funding Forums Oct. 7 & 10
- 09-06-13 - Walk Your Child to School September 10
- 08-26-13 - Salem Woods 3rd grader is County Art Winner
- 08-23-13 - Eli Clark named Auto Tech Student of the Year - Twice!
Our school newsletters will highlight new postings twice a month. Our goal is to refresh this page at the start of each month and then again in the middle of the month. This is definitely a work in progress so please let us know your suggestions for improvement.
If your organization is interested in taking advantage of this new process, please complete the Request for Distribution form and return it to the Superintendent’s Office.
By email to MooreB@monroe.wednet.edu
By fax to 360.804.2529
By mail to Superintendent’s Office, Monroe Public Schools Administration Building, 200 East Fremont, Monroe WA 98272
Or in person.
Questions? – contact Barb Moore by email or by telephone 360.804.2502.
- 03-15-14 - Brightwater Summer Camps
- 03-15-14 - United Way Finance Expo
- 06-07-14 - Boys Volleyball Tournament Brochure
- 06-07-14 - Boys Volleyball Tournament Registration
- 08-04-14 - 5th Avenue Summer Programs
- 03-31-14 - YMCA March Gear Up & Go Calendar
- 03-31-14 - YMCA March Family Calendar
- 03-23-14 - Monroe Concert Band Spring Concert
- 07-14-14 - Camp Invention
- 03-21-13 - Glacier Peak Fastpitch Softball Clinic
- 03-10-14 - Bearcats Softball Camp
- 03-05-14 - Nick of Time Heart Screening
- 03-05-14 - Nick of Time Heart Screening Questionnaire
- 04-15-14 - United Way of Snohomish County tax preparation
- 06-03-14 - 2013-14 Shack Art Center Schedule