Monroe Public Schools: Monroe, Washington 98272
Help find Monroe's next public school Superintendent
As you may remember, our current school superintendent, Dr. Ken Hoover, is retiring in June after nine years leading our local school system. The School Board wants a new leader selected by early spring to ensure a smooth transition for our students, staff and community. Your help is needed. Learn more ...
- Ready for Kindergarten? It's time for families with children ready to begin kindergarten to start thinking about their options for September. Monroe offers all day, every day and half day, every day schedules as well as Dual Language and Montessori instruction. On Monday, March 2, all elementary schools will host a Kindergarten Information Night. All events begin at 6:30 p.m. Learn more...
- Community invited to Superintendent interviews - Advice heard from our community will be used by the School Board on Saturday, February 28, when they interview candidates for the next superintendent of our local public schools. Community members are invited to attend. Learn more...
- Bond proposal goes to voters in April - After more than a year of study and six months of discussion, the School Board has placed a proposal on the April ballot to ask voters to continue the 2015 bond tax rate to generate $110.9 million to improve and expand schools and support facilities. Learn more ...
- Cat Tracks Club welcomes senior citizens - With winter sports, music and drama all underway, senior citizens are invited to join Monroe High's Cat Tracks Club to enjoy special benefits with home sporting events, school concerts and student drama productions. Learn more...
- District Office: 360-804-2500
- School Board
- District Administration: 360-804-2500
- Superintendent: 360-804-2501
- Assistant Superintendent - Instruction: 360-804-2550
- Assistant Superintendent - Operations: 360-804-2570
- Human Resources: 360-804-2530
- Chain Lake Elementary School: 360-804-3100
- Frank Wagner Elementary School: 360-804-3300
- Fryelands Elementary School: 360-804-3400
- Maltby Elementary School: 360-804-3500
- Salem Woods Elementary School: 360-804-3600
- Hidden River Middle School: 360-804-4100
- Park Place Middle School: 360-804-4300
- Monroe High School: 360-804-4500
- Leaders in Learning: 360-804-2800
- Sky Valley Education Center: 360-804-2700
- Transportation: 360-804-2650
- Special Ed Service: 360-804-2600
- Special Programs: 360-804-2550
- Community Schools: 360-804-2570
- Staff Phone Directory
- Use this link to check School and Bus Schedule Updates
- What school will my child attend? Interactive School Boundaries Map
- Fast Facts about Monroe Public Schools
- Monroe Public Schools Foundation
- Monroe Public Schools District Improvement Plan
- ASB Reports
- Park Place Middle School solar panel project
- Report Card – District-wide
- School Schedules
- Class Reunion Information/contacts
- Local Weather
- Enrollment Options in Washington State
- Where are our schools?
- Have a question for us?
- Contact Monroe Public Schools (click on the
Contact Us tab above)
- Contact Monroe Public Schools (click on the Contact Us tab above)
Applications are available in English and Spanish and can be obtained from your neighborhood school or the Monroe Public Schools Administration Building, 200 East Fremont in downtown Monroe. For more information contact the Communications Office at 360.804.2503. This includes the Washington State Patrol Criminal History Background Check form.
Can't find what you need?
We are here to help!
Adopted by Monroe Public Schools Board of Directors on August 10, 2009
To fulfill our vision, the Monroe Public Schools will provide a safe, nurturing learning environment with a highly qualified, effective staff; promote active, engaging instruction for all students; and partner with families and community support agencies in order to ensure a learning community that practices shared leadership, embraces diversity and demonstrates a belief that each child can succeed.
Adopted by Monroe Public Schools Board of Directors on December 14, 2009
AREAS OF STRATEGIC FOCUS
• Develop a Comprehensive Assessment Program
• Advance the Capacity of the Organization to Learn and Improve
• Close the Achievement Gap for Underrepresented Groups by Improving
Systems of Support for Students Struggling Academically and Socially
• Expand Opportunities for Students to Participate in Enrichment and
• Rebuild District Operations and Infrastructure to Support Student Learning
• Build Access to Appropriate Technology and its Integration in the Learning Environment
• Enhance School Safety and Climate
• Expand Community Connections Through Communications and Meaningful Involvement
Adopted by Monroe Public Schools Board of Directors on January 14, 2008
- February 27 - TED-style talks come to Monroe High School
- February 27 - Jessica Cichanski wins top PLU scholarship
- February 20 - MHS January Scholars Selected
- February 12 - MHS Past Champions Inducted into MHS Hall of Fame
- February 12 - Kindergarten Info Night set
- February 10 - Community advice to be used in superintendent interviews
- February 6 - Former Seahawk named new Bearcat varsity football coach
- February 6 - MHS Artists honored with Scholastic awards
- February 6 - MHS Athletes sign letters of intent
- February 5 - Kindergarten Info Night March 2
- January 29 - Seeking new instructors spring-summer 2015
- January 29 - MHS student is NAACP Student of the Month
- January 29 - More opportunities for Superintendent Search advice
- January 27 - MHS Department Scholars announced
- January 23 - Monroe seeks advice on search for next superintendent
- January 15 - Hi-Q concludes first month of 2015 season
- January 13 - State of the District
- December 29 - Sam Burke chosen for all-state choir
- December 29 - Sky Valley art students win regional library award
- December 29 - Monroe adds 7 national board certified teachers
- December 5 - MHS November Scholars
- November 24 - MHS Cathryn Armstrong first state swim champion
- November 21 - Sky Valley Education Center students attend Model UN in Panama
- November 19 - Skykomish Valley Indian Education Make & Take Dec. 6
- November 14 - Fryelands Running Club trains for marathon
- November 6 - Monroe superintendent to retire June 15
- November 5 - Monroe scholars of the month
- October 31 - MHS Grad Sam Sanders earns Fulbright
- October 21 - MHS Drama presents Ashland Falls Nov. 14-15
- October 10 - School Board Director thanks Capital Facilities team
- October 9 - Monroe scholars tops in nation
- October 7 - Food Day October 23
- October 6 - School Board Director Nancy Truitt Pierce nominated to Governor's STEM Alliance
- October 3 - MHS September Department Scholars announced
- October 2 - Monroe Schools to host flu shot clinic Oct. 9
- August 22 - Walk Your Child to School Day set for Sept. 9
- August 15 - Farmers Market Big Hit with Youth
Our school newsletters will highlight new postings twice a month. Our goal is to refresh this page at the start of each month and then again in the middle of the month. This is definitely a work in progress so please let us know your suggestions for improvement.
If your organization is interested in taking advantage of this new process, please complete the Request for Distribution form and return it to the Superintendent’s Office.
By email to MooreB@monroe.wednet.edu
By fax to 360.804.2529
By mail to Superintendent’s Office, Monroe Public Schools Administration Building, 200 East Fremont, Monroe WA 98272
Or in person.
Questions? – contact Barb Moore by email or by telephone 360.804.2502.
- 03-10-15 - Small World Montessori at Maltby
- 04-13-15 - Northshore Youth Soccer Spring Soccer Camp
- 05-08-15 - Northshore Youth Soccer Spring Development Academy
- 04-06-15 - Camp Killoqua Spring Camp
- 04-14-15 - Free Tax Preparation at Park Place Middle
- 02-26-15 - Rwandan Genocide Speaker at Monroe High on Feb. 26
- 02-27-15 - YMCA Mini Golf
- 03-10-15 - Resource Fair
- 03-10-15 - Resource Fair - Spanish
- 03-31-15 - Thumbnail Theater - March
- 03-31-15 - YMCA Culinary Kids Cooking Class
- 04-04-15 - YMCA Swim Lesson Schedule
- 04-06-15 - YMCA Adaptive Cooking & Art Class
- 03-03-15 - International Student Exchange - Seeking Host Families
- 03-21-15 - Bearcats Softball Camp
- 03-14-15 - Lake Stevens Rowing Club
- 04-01-15 - Northshore Youth Soccer
- 04-04-15 - City of Monroe Easter Egg Hunt
- 05-03-15 - Sky Valley Education Center "Little Women - the Musical"
- 05-23-15 - Sky Valley Indian Education 11th Annual Traditional Pow Wow
- 05-09-15 - WSHSBVA Boys Volleyball Tournament
- 05-28-15 - Shack Art Center Classes