Monroe Public Schools: Monroe, Washington 98272
- Fryelands' Mr. Brown honored with KCTS Golden Apple- Congratulations to Randy Brown, 3rd grade teacher at Fryelands Elementary, for his recent Golden Apple Award from KCTS 9. The annual awards celebrate educators, programs and schools making a positive difference for public school students. Golden Apple winners will be featured on KCTS 9 starting in February.
- Two MHS scholars tops in nation - MHS seniors Eric Grewal and Evan Wang advanced as semi-finalists in the National Merit Scholarship Program. Their academic performance on the PSAT has ranked them in the top of more than 1.5 million students across the nation that took the PSAT. Go Bearcats!
- Election set for February 2014 - Voters will decide two school requests in February. The existing levy for school program and operations, also known as the learning levy referring to its impact on the classroom, expires at the end of 2014. The first request is renewal of this expiring “learning” levy that funds about 20% of just about everything in our schools from help for struggling learners to classroom supplies. The second proposal is to advance student learning with educational technology. If approved by voters, this proposal will help close the gap for the systems that allow computers and other devices to operate, for new devices, and extending the life of aging equipment.
- SchoolReport.org is merging - Monroe has been a member of the SchoolReport.org school alert message system for several years. In order to provide better service, SchoolReport.org has merged with FlashAlert Newswire. Families currently signed up at SchoolReport.org will receive an email asking to create a new, free account in FlashAlert's Messenger service. To create a new account or sign up for the first time visit https://www.flashalert.net/signup.html then choose the schools/colleges you want to follow. The system will launch an authentication message to you to ensure that messages will reach you. You may register up to three email addresses and/or cell phone numbers. The primary entry must be an email address so that annual reminders may be sent to log into your account to continue service.
- Much in common - It is an honor to be your educational partner. We have much in common helping all students achieve success - in school and after graduation whether they select college/other training or start a career. To be successful partners we need to share information so please let us know your questions and comments.
- District Office: 360-804-2500
- School Board
- District Administration: 360-804-2500
- Superintendent: 360-804-2501
- Assistant Superintendent - Instruction: 360-804-2550
- Assistant Superintendent - Operations: 360-804-2570
- Human Resources: 360-804-2530
- Chain Lake Elementary School: 360-804-3100
- Frank Wagner Elementary School: 360-804-3300
- Fryelands Elementary School: 360-804-3400
- Maltby Elementary School: 360-804-3500
- Salem Woods Elementary School: 360-804-3600
- Hidden River Middle School: 360-804-4100
- Monroe Middle School: 360-804-4200
- Park Place Middle School: 360-804-4300
- Monroe High School: 360-804-4500
- Leaders in Learning: 360-804-2800
- Sky Valley Education Center: 360-804-2700
- Transportation: 360-804-2650
- Special Ed Service: 360-804-2600
- Special Programs: 360-804-2550
- Community Schools: 360-804-2570
- Staff Phone Directory
- Use this link to check School and Bus Schedule Updates
- What school will my child attend? Interactive School Boundaries Map
- Family Alert - September 16, 2013
- Family Alert - September 24, 2013
- Family Alert - Update to September 24, 2013
- Family Alert - September 30, 2013
- Family Alert - Update to September 30, 2013
- Fast Facts about Monroe Public Schools
- Monroe Public Schools Foundation
- Monroe Public Schools District Improvement Plan
- Park Place Middle School solar panel project
- Report Card – District-wide
- School Schedules
- Class Reunion Information/contacts
- Family Alert - December 14, 2012
- Local Weather
- Where are our schools?
- Have a question for us?
- Contact Monroe Public Schools (click on the
Contact Us tab above)
- Contact Monroe Public Schools (click on the Contact Us tab above)
Applications are available in English and Spanish and can be obtained from your neighborhood school or the Monroe Public Schools Administration Building, 200 East Fremont in downtown Monroe. For more information contact the Communications Office at 360.804.2503. This includes the Washington State Patrol Criminal History Background Check form.
Can't find what you need?
We are here to help!
Adopted by Monroe Public Schools Board of Directors on August 10, 2009
To fulfill our vision, the Monroe Public Schools will provide a safe, nurturing learning environment with a highly qualified, effective staff; promote active, engaging instruction for all students; and partner with families and community support agencies in order to ensure a learning community that practices shared leadership, embraces diversity and demonstrates a belief that each child can succeed.
Adopted by Monroe Public Schools Board of Directors on December 14, 2009
AREAS OF STRATEGIC FOCUS
• Develop a Comprehensive Assessment Program
• Advance the Capacity of the Organization to Learn and Improve
• Close the Achievement Gap for Underrepresented Groups by Improving
Systems of Support for Students Struggling Academically and Socially
• Expand Opportunities for Students to Participate in Enrichment and
• Rebuild District Operations and Infrastructure to Support Student Learning
• Build Access to Appropriate Technology and its Integration in the Learning Environment
• Enhance School Safety and Climate
• Expand Community Connections Through Communications and Meaningful Involvement
Adopted by Monroe Public Schools Board of Directors on January 14, 2008
- 11-26-13 - Monroe High department scholars named
- 11-25-13 - Monroe School Board named Board of Distinction second time
- 11-25-13 - Skykomish Valley Indian Education holds annual meeting
- 11-18-13 - Randy Brown wins Golden Apple
- 11-18-13 - Hidden River Middle School Prepares for College
- 11-18-13 - Key Club raises funds for One Dollar for Life
- 10-29-13 - World Trade Summit comes to Monroe High
- 10-25-13 - Monroe High School selects department scholars
- 09-27-13 - Two National Merit Semifinalists at Monroe High
- 09-27-13 - Wind Ensemble selected for state conference
- 09-27-13 - Monroe Public Schools to hold School Funding Forums Oct. 7 & 10
- 09-06-13 - Walk Your Child to School September 10
- 08-26-13 - Salem Woods 3rd grader is County Art Winner
- 08-23-13 - Eli Clark named Auto Tech Student of the Year - Twice!
Our school newsletters will highlight new postings twice a month. Our goal is to refresh this page at the start of each month and then again in the middle of the month. This is definitely a work in progress so please let us know your suggestions for improvement.
If your organization is interested in taking advantage of this new process, please complete the Request for Distribution form and return it to the Superintendent’s Office.
By email to MooreB@monroe.wednet.edu
By fax to 360.804.2529
By mail to Superintendent’s Office, Monroe Public Schools Administration Building, 200 East Fremont, Monroe WA 98272
Or in person.
Questions? – contact Barb Moore by email or by telephone 360.804.2502.
- 12-13-13 - MHS FFA Wreath Sale
- 12-31-13 - Tim Noah Thumbnail Theater - December
- 12-31-13 - December Imagine Children's Museum
- 12-09-13 - SVEC PTA presents Dislecksia---The Movie
- 12-07-13 - MHS Presents Knights of Knomedy
- 12-13-13 - YMCA Rookie Basketball (ages 3-6)
- 12-13-13 - YMCA 7-12 Basketball
- 01-03-14 - Lyons Ski & Snowboard Club
- 01-03-14 - Lyons Ski & Snowboard Registration
- 01-10-14 - YMCA Youth & Government
- 01-16-14 - Junior Cheer Clinic Salem Woods/Chain Lake
- 01-23-14 - Junior Cheer Clinic Fryelands/Frank Wagner
- 01-26-14 - Officer Jayme Biendl Memorial Run
- 06-03-14 - 2013-14 Shack Art Center Schedule