For two days this August (22 & 23) Monroe High School will be filled with educators from across the region engaging in powerful learning as the Monroe School District hosts the 2019 Greater NE Seattle Google Summit.
This innovative event offers two days of inspiring keynotes and breakout sessions lead by some of the world's leading Google education experts including Google Certified Teachers, Google Education trainers and Certified Google Apps Administrators. In addition, there will be cutting-edge demonstrations, hands-on workshops and a fun 'demo slam' competition, where attendees share quick two minute demos of something they learned at the Summit. You can find a list of the evolving schedule and list of speakers here.
Those who attend will have multiple sessions to choose from to match their learning goals, including sessions at 'beginner', 'intermediate' and 'advanced' levels. This high intensity, two day event focuses on deploying, integrating, and using Google Apps for Education and other Google Tools to promote student learning and collaboration. Attendees will leave the Summit with knowledge they can take to their school and start using straight away.
Summit attendees include K-12 teachers, administrators, tech directors, library media specialists, tech support staff, CTOs, and anyone who is interested in finding out more about leveraging technology to support student learning.
Educators in our district who attend will have the opportunity to:
- Discover new ways to leverage technology to engage students and maximize instructional delivery.
- Learn from global and regional expert teachers and trainers who have transformed their classrooms (and have the student data to back up their expertise).
- Create learning environments that maximize face to face discussion and collaboration time supported by new technology apps.
- Leverage technology resources to teach differently within rotating period scheduled days.
- Understand how to organize assignments and workflow using Google Classroom and/or Google Forms.
- Learn how to teach students how to maximize Google Slides and Google Sites to communicate their learning.
- Streamline the feedback process using the built-in features like comments, edit suggestions, revision history.
- Use Google Forms self graded quizzes to save time.
- Explore add-ons, extensions and other types of apps that allow you to customize, individualize the teaching/learning process even further.
- Expand their Personal Learning Network - connect with like-minded educators and Network with other EdTech peers from all over the world.
If you are interested in attending, be sure to register today to take advantage of super early bird pricing. Candidates from the Monroe School District must register here to secure early bird pricing for Monroe teachers, administrators, tech directors/support staff and anyone interested in finding out more about leveraging Google tools and innovative apps to support student learning. Prices will jump May 1.