Register for School
We are excited to have you join us in the Monroe School District! We have five elementary schools, two middle schools, one high school and two alternative learning environment schools. Typically, students attend the schools that are zoned for their neighborhoods. Please visit our school boundaries page or call our Transportation Department at (360) 804.2650 to learn which school your neighborhood is zoned for.
Enrolling your child in Kindergarten? Visit our Kindergarten registration page.
New Student Enrollment is now available for the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 school years.
The Monroe School District has implemented a new online process to enroll new students. This process is only for new students to the district, not students transferring to another school within the district. Prior to using the online application process, families are advised to have the required documents available to upload into the application. You may save as you go and do not have to complete it all in one sitting. The completed application, once submitted online, will be available to the school for approval. Submitted applications will not be approved until all required documents are received by the school.
- New Families: To begin registration click on the Online Enrollment Process
- Families with children currently enrolled can log into Skyward Family Access to enroll additional children.
If you cannot access the online registration packet, you can obtain the paper packet at any school office or at the District Administration Office, located at 200 E. Fremont Street, Monroe.
Documents Needed for Enrollment
The documents listed below will need to be uploaded during the registration process or brought into the school office. If you are enrolling your student to start in the 2020-2021 school year, please scroll down to read about the new immunization law and how it may effect your student's enrollment. Please contact your school if you have any questions.
- Proof of Age - Birth Certificate or Passport
- Residence Verification – Purchase Papers/Property Tax Statement/Lease Agreement, Gas, Water or Electric. This bill must include the parent/guardian name, the address and dated within 30 days. If you are renting/leasing your residence in which all utilities are included in rent, you can provide the rental agreement on property management letterhead.
- Signed Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) (See Immunization Requirements)
- Guardian Photo ID (bring into the school for verification)
- Custody/Court Order (if applicable)
- Restraining Order (if applicable)
- Prior School Records (if applicable)
Per WA State law, all students new to the district on or after 8/1/2020 must have all of the immunizations they are eligible to receive. These vaccinations must be medically documented and on file with the school before the student can attend school. If a student is missing any immunizations they are eligible for and there is no documentation from a provider, then the student may not start school. A medically verified record is:
- A Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) printed directly from the Washington State Immunization Information System. Any parent whose kids have been immunized in Washington State can access this at MyIR.net. If they do not already have an account, they can create one to access their child’s immunization information.
- A physical copy of the CIS form with a healthcare provider’s signature
- A physical copy of the CIS form accompanied by medical immunization records from a healthcare provider verified and signed by school staff
- If the student is coming from another state, an acceptable medically verified immunization record will be:
- Printed from their state’s immunization registry, OR
- Printed by the office of their licensed health care provider with the provider’s signature and then attached to a WA State CIS card
If you live within district boundaries and more than a mile away from your child's assigned school (other than Fryelands Elementary), your child is eligible to ride the bus. Students who are enrolled and eligible will be assigned to a bus stop.
Please visit our Transportation Department to learn about bus routes.
If you would like to attend a school other than the one you are assigned to, please read more about requesting a transfer.
If you would like to provide home-based instruction for your child(ren) instead of enrolling in our public schools, an approved private school or an extension program of an approved private school, you must file an annual declaration of intent to provide home-based instruction.
Google has decided to discontinue the availability of the Google Translate Toolkit, which has enabled families to translate the New Student Enrollment process into other languages.
Families can still use built-in or add-on translation features of their preferred browser to translate the New Student Enrollment application into other languages. For more information on these browser features, please refer to the articles below:
- Change Google Chrome Languages & Translate Webpages
- Use Microsoft Translator in Edge Browser
- How to Add Translate Feature to Firefox