Welcome and thank you for selecting Monroe School District for your child! Kindergarten is an exciting time in the life of children and their families. We look forward to getting to know you and your child and to working together to ensure your child has the very best experience our district has to offer. Teamwork is the key to learning success and together, families and school staff can make a difference in the education of every child.
The Monroe School District offers full day kindergarten at no cost to all students. Students who are turning 5 years old by August 31, 2020, are eligible to enroll now for the 2021-2022 school year.
New families may register online. Learn how here.
Families with children currently enrolled can log into Family Access to enroll additional children.
If you cannot access the online registration packet, you can obtain the paper packet at any school office or at the District Administration Office, located at 14692 - 179th Avenue SE, Monroe.
If you do not know which school your student will attend next year, please visit our school boundaries page or call our Transportation Department at (360) 804.2650 to learn which school your neighborhood is zoned for.
For more information about kindergarten, visit our kindergarten FAQ webpage.
Things to remember
- To enroll a student in kindergarten for the 2021-2022 school year, a child must turn 5 years old by August 31, 2021.
Parents/Guardians are required to provide, and return, the following documents to their neighborhood school to finish the registration process:
- Parent identification
- Immunization records
- Proof of child's birth date (i.e. birth certificate, entry in a family bible, adoption record, affidavit from a parent, previously verified school records, etc)
- ONE of the following:
- Home purchase papers or property tax statement
- Lease/Rental agreement (original)
- Utility bill (gas, water, or electric)
- You have successfully completed the kindergarten registration process when the online enrollment process is completed and we have received all required items.
Google has decided to discontinue the availability of the Google Translate Toolkit, which has enabled families to translate the New Student Enrollment process into other languages.
Families can still use built-in or add-on translation features of their preferred browser to translate the New Student Enrollment application into other languages. For more information on these browser features, please refer to the articles below: