Welcome and thank you for selecting Monroe School District for your child! Kindergarten is an exciting time in the life of children and their families. We look forward to getting to know you and your child and to working together to ensure your child has the very best experience our district has to offer. Teamwork is the key to learning success and together, families and school staff can make a difference in the education of every child.
The Monroe School District offers full day kindergarten at no cost to all students. Students who turned 5 years old by August 31, 2022, are eligible to enroll for the 2022-23 school year. Students who turn 5 years old by August 31, 2023 will be eligible to enroll for the 2023-24 school year. Enrollment will begin March 1, 2023.
Enrollment for the 2022-23 school year is currently open. Enrollment for the 2023-24 school year will begin March 1, 2023.
New families may register online for the current year. Learn how here.
Families with children currently enrolled can log into Family Access to enroll additional children.
If you cannot access the online registration packet, you can obtain the paper packet at any school office or at the District Administration Office, located at 14692 - 179th Avenue SE, Monroe.
If you do not know which school your student will attend next year, please visit our school boundaries page or call our Transportation Department at (360) 804.2650 to learn which school your neighborhood is zoned for.
For more information about kindergarten, visit our kindergarten FAQ webpage.
Things to remember
- To enroll a student in kindergarten for the 2022-2023 school year, the child must have turned 5 years old by August 31, 2022. To enroll a student in kindergarten for the 2023-2024 school year, the child must turn 5 years old by August 31, 2023.
Parents/Guardians are required to submit the following documents to their neighborhood school to finish the registration process:
- Parent identification
- Immunization records
- Proof of child's birth date (i.e. birth certificate, entry in a family bible, adoption record, affidavit from a parent, previously verified school records, etc)
- Proof of residency, which includes ONE of the following:
- Home purchase papers or property tax statement
- Lease/Rental agreement (original)
- Utility bill (gas, water, or electric)
- Any parenting plans, if necessary
- You have successfully completed the kindergarten registration process when the online enrollment process is completed and we have received all required items.
Families may translate the New Student Enrollment process into other languages by using the built-in or add-on translation features of their preferred browser to translate. For more information on these browser features, please refer to the articles below: