Five community members make up the Monroe School District's Board of Directors, commonly referred to as the School Board. The board members are elected by local voters according to the geographical district in which they live to ensure representation from across the 82 square miles of our service area. Each Director serves a term of four years and must run for re-election once the term is up.
Duties of the Board
- Articulate the vision and values of the school district
- Develop and implement policies that guide all aspects of learning and teaching
- Adopt an annual budget that supports student learning
- Review progress on district goals
- Advocate for our students, our district and public education
Communicating with the Board
If you would like to share feedback or a concern with the board, you are welcome to communicate with the entire board and the superintendent via email. While members of the community are welcome to email board members or the superintendent independently, the best way to ensure all board members simultaneously receive the same information is to use the email button below, which sends an email to all board members and the superintendent at once. All emails sent to the school board, or any district employee, are subject to public disclosure.
DIRECTOR DISTRICT #1 - OPEN POSITION
Information about this open position can be found here.
Term Expires: 2019