2021 Summer Program
REGISTRATION UPDATE (7/7/2021): Registration is Now Closed
- Families will be contacted via email with details for their students during the week of July 12 - 16th.
In alignment with our Academic Well-Being & Recovery Plan, we will be providing opportunities for students in grades K-12 this summer who have been identified as having the highest academic needs. Due to program capacity, registration has been prioritized for students who attended Fryelands Elementary, Frank Wagner Elementary, Park Place Middle School, Monroe High School and Leaders in Learning, as well as for students who meet one of the following criteria:
- Students who currently are receiving special education services and have demonstrated a need for recovery services (at any of our schools) OR
- Students who are below grade level standards in core content academic areas (reading, writing, math) OR
- High school students who are at risk of not graduating on time
If there is additional capacity, we will offer summer learning opportunities to more students district-wide. This program will be a Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) based program, and engage students in learning through STEM activities, in addition to content focused learning (reading, writing, math). We will engage our students in an exciting program structured around relational, social-emotional learning (SEL) and team building activities, academic learning and supports, and STEM based activities. Our high school students will have the opportunity to complete credit recovery for the available courses.
- K-5 grade program at Frank Wagner Elementary
- 6-12 grade program at Park Place Middle School
- K – 5th Grade: July 19 - August 13
- 6th – 12th Grade: July 19 - August 13 (grades 9-11 may extend to Aug 20 depending on credit retrieval needs)
- Days and Times
Monday - Thursdays, 9:00 am - 12:00pm
- Sample Schedule
- 8:30 - 8:40 Welcome/Attendance
- 8:40 - 9:15 SEL check-in and team building activities
- 9:15 - 9:45 Content Delivery/Small Group learning
- 9:45 - 10:15 Snack and outdoor activities
- 10:15 - 11:15 Content Delivery/Small Group learning
- 11:15 -11:30 Exit Activity, Grab and Go lunch
Grade Level Specifics
|Grade Level (Based on 2020-2021 school year grade level)||Program Details||Registration Status|
Our community partners at the Monroe YMCA are offering a Ready, Set, Go program for students entering Kindergarten. This program is hosted at Fryelands Elementary.
|Please check with the YMCA for registration information|
|Kindergarten - 1st Grade||Elementary School Launch Program, focusing on Social Emotional Learning, early literacy and math, and having successful transition into the 2021-22 school year||Class list is full & registration is now closed.|
|2nd - 3rd Grade||Literacy through STEM. These grade levels will focus on building literacy skills through STEM based activities. Students will engage in hands on STEM activities through a literacy lens.||Class list is full & registration is now closed.|
|4th - 5th Grade||Math through STEM. These grade levels will focus on building mathematics through hands on STEM based activities. Students will engage in the engineering design process and building math skills through STEM activities. Students will also be able to engage in Zearn Math activities, which align to our Elementary Eureka Math curriculum.||Class list is full & registration is now closed.|
|6th - 8th Grade||Students will engage in STEM activities that have been designed by our Digital Learning team. These hands on activities will feel similar to what students have experienced in our Digi-Tools classes at 7th grade.||
Registration is now closed.
|9th - 11th Grade||
Our high school program will focus on providing credit recovery courses for students, who are in need of this. We will be utilizing Edgenuity this summer to provide credit recovery courses for students. This program will have an in person time to build relationships with peers and staff, however, the content will be available and delivered online.
We will be able to offer a wide variety of credit recovery courses during this program (course list available here), and are working with our high school counselors to determine student course needs and priorities.
Registration is now closed.
Registration & Cost
- Students identified to participate in our summer learning program will be sent registration paperwork. If there is additional capacity (based on how many students enroll and how many teachers apply to teach), we will open registration up to additional students
- Cost: We are offering these programs free to students.
We will be providing transportation to and from the summer programming for students who need this. Transportation pick up times and routes will be established after we identify which students will be participating.
Other Summer Opportunities:
YMCA of Monroe: Click here for more information
Boys and Girls Club of Monroe: Click here for more information