A variety of education and youth-related information comes to the district with the request that it be distributed through the schools. As stated in Board Policy 4060, materials from non-profit organizations which are perceived as appropriate for families and provide a service or event information that would be of interest to families may be approved for distribution to students in accordance with procedures developed by the superintendent.
Materials will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis with the decision to approve or deny made in concert with the district’s goals and objectives. The district neither endorses nor guarantees the accuracy of the information in the materials provided.
Electronic Flyer Approval and Distribution Process
Our district cooperates with approved non-profit community partners and government entities by posting eflyers online and distributing them electronically to families through our service provider, Peachjar. As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility, we have transitioned from paper to electronic flyer delivery. Look for the Peachjar button on your school’s website or district homepage.
Community Groups and Outside Organizations
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. If approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents and posted online. We do not distribute paper flyers from outside organizations. To reach families without Internet access, you may post one flyer in the school's main office, at the discretion of the principal.
- Visit www.peachjar.com
- Your flyer will be automatically submitted to the district office. District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards above.
- Upload your flyer for approval.
- Register as an Enrichment / Community Org (account type).
Peachjar charges a fee for this service, which is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school.
Peachjar’s service fee will be waived in the Monroe School District when a local community organization is promoting a free event that does not entice participants to join a fee-based program or purchase products or services. Community Free (Free-for-Free) flyer distribution is limited to one flyer per 28 days for organizations promoting a charitable free program, service, or resource where children are the direct beneficiary.
All flyers submitted for free distribution will be reviewed by Peachjar for verification of eligibility and must comply with the following requirements:
- Your charitable program, service, or resource directly benefits children and does not require participants to qualify, has no enticement for future fee-based programs, and does not serve the purpose of fundraising, collecting donations, or allowing for the purchase of products or services.
- Your organization is not nationally recognized and physically resides within the boundaries of the school district you wish to distribute to.
- Your organization is not receiving fees or revenue from vendors participating in the event.
Submissions are limited to one flyer distribution to one school district every 28 days. If you wish to distribute to more than one school district or more frequently than every 28 days, you may choose to distribute a standard flyer, subject to Peachjar's fees. Peachjar reserves the right to determine final eligibility.
NOTE: If you are a parent group at one of our MSD schools, such as a PTA or PTO, these instructions do not apply.
If you provided your email address to your school on your student’s contact information form this year or last year, a Peachjar account has been established for you, and you should have received an email from Peachjar with your login information. This is provided so that you can manage your account and flyer delivery preferences. You do not need to log in to receive or view e-flyers. If you did not provide your email address and would like to receive Peachjar e-flyers, let your school office know to add your email address to the district contact form.
If you are not receiving emails from Peachjar, there are two possible reasons for this:
- Your email address is not on file with your school. Let your school office know to add your email address to the district contact form.
- The Peachjar emails are going into your spam folder or you can't see the images in the email. To prevent the e-flyers from going into your spam folder, add MonroeSchoolDistrict@peachjar.com to your email contacts. When you receive your first e-flyer, be sure to click “always display images.”
Peachjar is used exclusively for distribution of school-approved flyers. Your email address will not be shared or used for any other purpose.
Individual schools may post flyers for their site that promote information and events related to:
- Parent-Teacher Associations (PTA/PTOs, Watch Dogs, etc)
- Monroe Public Schools Foundation
Each school site has its own Peachjar administrator who uploads these flyers. Please contact your school office if your flyer falls under one of the categories above.