Monroe School District uses the ParentSquare platform to streamline district and school communications and provide options for families in how they receive information (email, text and/or app notifications). All district and school information is sent via ParentSquare.
ParentSquare provides a safe way for families to:
- Receive all district and school communication via email, text, or app notification
- Choose to receive information as it comes or all at once with a daily digest at 6:00 p.m.
- Communicate in your preferred language
- Reply to staff directly from a post
How to Get Started with ParentSquare
A ParentSquare account is automatically generated for each parent/guardian using the primary email address and phone number you provided to your school office (also the email used by Family Access). To ensure you receive district, school, and classroom communication, it is important your contact information is up-to-date with your school. We recommend reviewing your contact information annually in Family Access and if updates are needed, please let your school office know.
Email invitations to activate your ParentSquare account are sent out before each school year for those new to the Monroe School District or after the student is registered if starting school in the middle of the year. While it is highly recommended that you activate your ParentSquare account, you will still receive communication from the district and school without doing so. The default for ParentSquare message delivery is set to a daily digest, which will deliver all of the communication from the district, school, and classroom for all of your students into one message that is sent daily at 6:00 p.m. (emergency communication, attendance notices, and meal balance notifications are sent separately).
Activating your ParentSquare account allows you to:
- Customize your notification settings (receive messages instantly or a daily digest at 6:00 p.m.).
- Set your preferred communication method (email, text message, phone call, app notification)
- Utilize the mobile app so that all school and district messages can be found in one convenient location
- Set your preferred language for sending and receiving communication
- Reply to messages sent from your child's school or classroom
How to activate your account:
After your child is enrolled in the Monroe School District, you can activate your ParentSquare account in one of three ways:
- Use the email or text message that is automatically sent to you by the district; or
- Visit the ParentSquare website and use the email account or phone number you have on record with your school to activate a new account; or
- Download the ParentSquare app on your iOS or Android phone. The email and/or cell phone number you enter should match what is in your school's information system. Note: If your email or phone number is not recognized by ParentSquare, you can 'Request Access' or call your school office and ask them to update your contact information.
- How do I change my password?
- How do I change my email or phone number on ParentSquare?
- Do I have to use ParentSquare on my smart phone?
- Will I receive ParentSquare notifications if I don't activate my account?
- Can I set different notification settings for different schools?
- How do I send a message to my child’s teacher?
- How do I update my language preference?
- Should I merge an account with my spouse?
- What are my ParentSquare communication preference options?
- Will all teachers be using ParentSquare for home-to-school communication this year?
- Can I opt-out of messaging?