Monroe School District utilizes social media as a means of enhancing existing communication strategies and celebrating students, staff and school achievement. It also allows us to facilitate transparency, interactivity and collaboration with our students, staff, parents and community members.
Community Guidelines for Social Media
It is the policy of the Monroe School District to promote mutual respect, civility and orderly conduct among District employees, parents, students and the public (see Board Policy 9480: Civility). District staff will treat students, parents and other members of the public with respect and expects the same in return. We welcome your thoughts, questions and comments and look forward to interacting with our community as partners in education.
Postings and comments must not violate district policies (see Board Policy 4780: Responsible Use of Electronic Resources) or Internet safety guidelines. Nor will page administrators allow comments on page postings that:
1. Contain abusive, hateful, racial, defamatory or inappropriate language or statements.
2. Suggest or encourage illegal activity.
3. Are of commercial nature (i.e. advertisements, solicitations)
4. Violate copyright and fair use laws. Please give credit where it is due and recognize the source when publishing other's content.
5. Do not show consideration for the privacy of others, including identifying students or staff members.
6. Contain political campaign messages, including support or opposition of ballot measures or political candidates.
7. Are considered likely to offend of provoke others.
8. Are not factual. Please be accurate and verify your facts before you post.
9. Are repeatedly posted comments.
We reserve the right to delete all comments that do not follow the above guidelines. We also reserve the right to ban users who violate these guidelines. Our intention is not to deprive any person of his or her right to freedom of expression, but to maintain a safe, harassment-free environment for our students and staff.
All comments related to district business will be considered public record, subject to disclosure upon request, including those that are removed. All activity on this page will be archived so that it can be available for any public disclosure or other legal request. Please note that this is not the forum to make formal complaints against the district (see Board Policy 9900: Complaints Concerning Staff or Programs). For official correspondence, please call 360-804-2500 or submit a tip to our Safe Schools site.
We strive to communicate about urgent issues and respond to inquiries from our community in a timely manner, but please note that our social media accounts are not monitored 24/7. If you have an emergency or are in crisis, please call 911. Please contact principals, teachers, staff members and the School Board directly as we are not equipped to forward messages to individuals through social media.
Monroe School District supports efforts to involve students in optional activities that have social, recreational, or educational value and may occasionally share posts promoting such activities from third parties on our social media channels. It is our policy to only share information about programs/services from non-profit organizations that pertain to children and/or education. Information shared is at the discretion of the school district. Posts shared promoting non-district sponsored activities will be indicated as such.