Terms & Conditions
1. Users of school facilities may be liable and held responsible for injury to persons and damage to property incidental to their activities on school property including, but not limited to acts of vandalism.
2. It is the applicant’s responsibility to make known, in detail if necessary, the intended use of the facility.
3. School property shall be protected from any damage or mistreatment, and applicants shall be responsible for the conditions in which they leave the facility. Any breakage, damage or loss of District property, beyond reasonable wear and tear, shall be paid for by the user organization.
4. Applicants are required to remove, at their expense, materials, equipment, furnishings, or rubbish left after use of school facilities. If this is not done, the organization to whom the permit is issued will be required to pay the cost of removal.
5. All equipment, furniture, and other school property will be protected and left in the same location and condition as originally found.
6. User organization must conform to all local ordinances including police and fire department regulations.
7. All meetings will terminate, and the facility will be vacated, by the time specified on the permit.
8. Adult supervisors of organizations using school facilities will remain with their groups during usage and will be responsible to MSD for observance of all rules. Persons will not be admitted until the adult supervisor arrives, checks in with the district employee and shows a copy of their Facility Use Permit. The adult supervisor shall be the last to leave and shall inform the district representative in charge to secure the building.
9. The user organization will be responsible for the enforcement of the above stated regulations and shall be responsible for all participants, spectators, and affiliated personnel.
10. When large crowds are anticipated, it will be the responsibility of the user organization to notify local law enforcement agencies for aid in handling traffic and crowds.
11. Notification of cancellation of a facility use must be submitted to the District Office at least two (2) full working days (8:00 AM – 4:30 PM) prior to the scheduled time of use or the full fee will be forfeited. Under certain circumstances, reimbursement may be made upon written request from the applicant.
12. Each user group agrees that people not directly related to the sponsoring group shall not be allowed admittance to or use of MSD facilities assigned to the user group.
13. Use of facilities that require the presence of district staff will not be permitted on dates that are identified as contract, school, legal, federal or other holidays. This shall include winter and spring breaks.
14. Applicant agrees not to discriminate against persons regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, ethnic origin, or age.
15. There shall be no profane language, quarreling, fighting, gambling, use of tobacco products or intoxicants, hallucinatory drugs or narcotics in or about the school buildings or premises. Violation of this rule shall be a significant cause for immediate removal and denial of further use of school premises to the organization.
16. A Certificate of Liability Insurance for a minimum of $1,000,000 liability coverage shall be furnished to the District at least 7 days prior to the scheduled event. Said certificate will name the Monroe School District as additionally insured.
17. Permission to use school facilities will be granted in accordance with a schedule of fees adopted by the School Board.
HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFICATION CLAUSE
User agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Monroe School District, its officers, officials,employees and volunteers from any and all claims, injuries, damages, losses or suits including attorney fees, arising out of or in connection with the User’s performance of this agreement, except for injuries and damages caused by negligence on the part of the District. User agrees to obtain, prior to its use of the facilities, such liability insurance as may be required by MSD, together with a certificate of such insurance specifically naming MSD as an insured party and acknowledging the foregoing hold harmless agreement. User understands and agrees that this permit may be revoked or cancelled at any time with or without cause and User shall have no claim or right to damages or reimbursement for any loss, damage, or expense resulting from such revocation or cancellation.
APPLICATION FOR USE OF SCHOOL PROPERTY AND FACILITIES
I have read the terms and conditions as set forth in this document, and I understand that these terms are a condition of the lease; and be it understood that when the application is properly approved, it is in fact, a lease. I understand that failure to abide by the terms and conditions set forth in the School Board policy will result in the immediate discontinuance of user privileges. In addition, our organization agrees to pay the full cost of any damage caused by our group to any of the district’s facilities as well as any cost incurred by the district to bring any facility back to the condition in which it was found.