Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here can I find accurate up-to-date information about coronavirus?
- Snohomish County Health District
- Washington State Department of Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- WA State Department of Health novel coronavirus call center: 1-800-525-0127
How do I talk to my kids about coronavirus?
- OSPI: Tips for talking to kids about school closures and COVID-19
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network: Parent/Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope with the Coronavirus Disease
- NPR: Just for Kids: A Comic Exploring the New Coronavirus
- Nationalal Association of School Psychologists: Talking to Children about COVID-19
- Brain Pop: A video appropriate for elementary students that explains coronavirus
- Mary Bridge Children's Hospital: Helping Children Cope
I feel anxious about coronavirus. Where can I find support?
It is natural to be concerned about a new illness. If you would like to talk with someone, the following mental health services are available to families and staff:
- Families and parents can call the Washington State Department of Health’s Coronavirus hotline at 1-800-525-0127.
- Staff can access our district Employee Assistance Program. EAP is company‐sponsored, confidential and provided at no charge to you and your dependents. Confidential Help Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week: (877) 595‐5281.
Why are schools closed?
We are following the order from Gov. Jay Inslee to implement social distancing to stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus. This includes all K-12 school districts throughout the entire state of Washington. Our schools will be closed for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year.
How will these closures impact high school seniors?
We are awaiting guidance on this from the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction(OSPI) and the State Board of Education. However, Superintendent Chris Reykdal has assured districts that this will be of utmost priority.
Will school offices be open during the closure?
All school offices are closed to the public at this time. If you have questions, please call the main office at the school as someone is answering the phones.
What about community facility use?
At this time, all external rentals and use of our district facilities has been suspended.