Under federal law and board policy, Monroe School District is prohibited from releasing identifiable student records (except student directory information) without parent/guardian permission. Student records include, but are not limited to:
- Achievement test scores
- Attendance records
- Disciplinary records
You should know the following regarding student records:
- You have the right to review your child’s student records in the presence of school personnel
- You may ask the school to amend a record you believe is inaccurate. To do so, clearly identify in writing the change requested, and specify why it is inaccurate
- Student records may be disclosed without consent to school officials with legitimate educational interests
Records for students may be requested by:
- A parent or legal guardian of a dependent child
- A school enrolling a former Monroe School District student
- A student who is 18 or older, legally emancipated or enrolled in a post-secondary institution at any age.
All requests must be made by submitting the Student Records Request form. Requests must include the student's full, legal name (no nicknames) while attending our schools and be signed by the authorized requestor. Educational institutions may send written requests on school letterhead.
Student records requests may be submitted via email, faxed to (360) 804.2529, sent via U.S. mail or delivered in person to:
Monroe School District
200 E. Fremont Street