Monroe School District is pleased to announce that all of our outdoor fields and facilities are now open for community use, with the exception of the outdoor fields/facilities at Monroe High School as those are currently being utilized by our MHS athletes. Reservations for field/facility use are being accepted in accordance with the Snohomish Health District's Youth Sports Guidance. Requirements outlined in this guidance include:
- Masks are required for coaches/volunteers at all times and for athletes before and after practices/games/trainings, when participating in huddles or meetings, and are strongly encouraged when players are not engaged in strenuous activity.
- Screening and exclusions should be consistent with the guidance that has been issued for school settings.
- Those who have had close contact with a known case and those with symptoms of COVID-19 must be excluded from participation. This includes even minor symptoms such as headache, congestion, and fatigue. A full list of symptoms can be found on the CDC webpage. Parents should be verifying prior to each daily activity that their child has no symptoms and is not a close contact of a positive case.
- The use of fields will be for games and practices only; facility use will not be approved for tournaments.
- Physical distance of 6 feet must be maintained between staff and volunteers at all times with exceptions for training and medical personnel and volunteers performing their medical duties. Six feet of distance must be maintained among athletes when not engaged in sporting activities; huddles and team meetings must be physically distanced.
- Users must provide handwashing or hand sanitizing stations at practice and game locations.
- A roster of every athlete, staff and volunteer present at each practice must, training session, and contest must be kept to assist with contact tracing in the event of a possible exposure.
In addition to the above requirements, Monroe School District has set the following regulations for use of its fields and outdoor facilities:
- A COVID-19 safety plan must be submitted in order to receive approval for use of our fields and outdoor facilities.
- Spectators will not be permitted on fields/facilities in alignment with the current decision made by the WESCO league for our student athletes.
- Indoor restrooms will not be open. If a community group would like to rent portable toilet services, they must make arrangements with our Facility Use Department.