Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Monroe School District! We have many opportunities available for families and community members to be involved in our schools. Below are just a few of our volunteer opportunities. We strive to find the perfect fit for our generous volunteers, so please don't let the list restrict your interest.
- Classroom Helpers
- Sporting Events
- Art Docents
- Science Docents
Requirements for Volunteering
Our top priority is keeping our students, staff and volunteers safe. Therefore, we require all volunteers, including field trip chaperones, to submit a volunteer application packet and be approved in order to spend time on campus. Volunteer application packets must be submitted annually and include:
- Statement affirming understanding of: Confidentiality, Discrimination and Prohibiting Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying laws and procedures
- Criminal History Disclosure/WSP Criminal Background Check
- Reference Check
- Sign in and out in the main office at the school/site location,
- Wear identification badge at all times while on campus or on a field trip,
- Acknowledge that relationships developed with children at school need to remain at school and that, for their own protection, volunteers should never be left alone with a child that is out of view of school personnel or another adult volunteer.