Our Winter 1 athletic season is almost here! Make sure to log into Family Access and complete all steps of the athletic registration by November 8th to ensure your student-athlete is cleared for the first day of tryouts on November 15th. This winter season we are offering the following sports:
Winter 1 Sports
- 8th grade Boys Basketball - Coach Ingham - firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7th grade Boys Basketball - Coach Skrinde
- 8th grade Girls Volleyball - Coach Juel - email@example.com
- 7th grade Girls Volleyball - need a coach (or have combo 7th/8th Team)
- Girls Soccer - need a coach
- Boys Soccer - Duane Krogh - firstname.lastname@example.org
Winter 2 Sports
- Wrestling - need asst. coach - Duane Krogh - email@example.com
- 7th grade Girls Basketball - Coach Skrinde
- 8th grade Girls Basketball - need a coach
We will send out more information about tryout dates, times and location the week of November 8th. If you have any questions about a particular sport, please reach out to the respective coach.
Due to Covid and Department of Health guidance, MSD will be implementing a Covid Screening Testing Protocol for any unvaccinated student-athlete who is participating in a high-risk or high aerosol-generating indoor sport. The school district will be verifying the vaccination status of our student-athletes to determine who will need to be tested. High-risk and high aerosol-generating sports are the following:
- Boys & Girls Basketball
Below is the protocol we will be implementing for any unvaccinated student-athlete participating in one the sports listed above. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the athletic department.
Covid Screening Testing Protocol (K-12 Covid-19 Requirements for 2021-2022 School Year p.19)
Per Washington State Department of Health, we are required to test our unvaccinated student-athletes twice a week for Covid-19 using either a molecular or rapid antigen test. Testing will be provided by the district.
- Rapid antigen tests will be administered on all unvaccinated student-athletes within 24 hours of their competitions.
- If a molecular test is used, it will be administered 3-4 days prior to, or after, the competitions.
- Screening testing is required for all unvaccinated student-athletes to be able to participate in high-risk or high aerosol-generating indoor sports.