Senior Class of 2024
Welcome to your senior year!
It’s a great year to be a Bearcat! During this exciting time please remember that you need to ensure you have met all of the graduation requirements so that you can be included in the graduation ceremonies. Take the time to stay caught up and on top of everything so that this can be a wonderful and memorable year. Remember to check in with your counselors if you are concerned about your graduation requirements.
MHS Senior Class Advisors
All major dates and information can be found here. This website will be updated regularly - check back often!
ASAP - Meet Graduation Requirements
- Have you checked in with your counselor to ensure you are on-track to graduate?
- High School & Beyond Plan (HSBP) completed - this is a STATE graduation requirement
- More information will be coming throughout the year to help you access this and complete all requirements.
- If you’re a Running Start student, please reach out to your counselor.
ASAP - Pay All Fines/Fees
- In order to pick up your diploma next summer you must have all financial obligations (fines, fees, lunch fines) cleared, all Chromebooks, textbooks, library books, sports/uniforms & equipment returned, and have completed the Senior Checkout form.
- If you have checked out a book or library book that you can’t find, it will be converted into a fine. Check with the finance office for help with any specific questions or issues.
Senior Class Meeting
- All seniors during FLEX time at school. October 3, 2023: 9:10-9:40 a.m..
November 10, 2023 - Deadline to Submit Senior Yearbook Photo
- All seniors must submit their photo for the senior class section of the yearbook. If you cannot afford or do not want to have professional photos taken, you are welcome to email us and a member of the yearbook staff would be happy to take one for you: email@example.com
- Yearbook photo guidelines:
- Photos must be vertical
- Head & shoulder shots are recommended. Do not cover your face. If a full body photo is submitted, it will be cropped to waist and above
- Please ask your photographer to remove any text or watermark from your photo
- Please exclude photos with large writing/logos on apparel
- Please exclude pets & large props
- Image Format:
- Submit photos in JPEG image format
- If you are able, edit to 300dpi and 1.5” x 2” or larger If you are unfamiliar with these settings, submit original image file and we will edit for you.
- RENAME the file you are submitting as "LastName, FirstName".
November 17, 2023 - Deadline for Purchasing Senior Yearbook Ad
- Families can purchase an optional ad that will be placed at the back of the yearbook. This is a place for families to share pictures of their senior or write a loving message to their child.
- More information can be found here
Order National Achiever Cap & Gown, Swag, & Announcements
- Orders can be placed online at: https://monroebearcats.com
- ALL students need a cap and gown that matches their peers AND fits them properly. The basic package includes your cap, gown, and 2024 stole and tassel. Any caps and gowns from past graduates must be cleared through Liz Holton in the office, bring them in and she’ll ensure they match and fit properly.
National Achiever Product Pick-up #1
- Seniors can pick-up items ordered from National Achiever during both lunches in the PAC/Commons
- Any items ordered before the initial deadline(s) should be here, later orders will be delivered in April.
Verify Full Name for Diploma
- Default: Full First, Middle, and Last Names according to what is listed in Family Access.
National Achiever Product Pick-up #2
- Pick-up for items ordered after the initial deadline.
- If you are missing a stole, you can pick it up in the office.
- If you are missing anything else contact National Achiever directly.
Senior Class Meeting
- All seniors during FLEX time at school. Date TBD.
- All seniors should try to attend, we go over all things graduation!
- If you are absent, attend Sno-Isle or Running Start, and can’t make it, check this website, ask friends who went, or pop into Room 605.
TBD - Senior Slideshow Pictures Due
TBD - Elementary Walk Permission Form Due
- Field trip permission slips are required due to riding the bus, and letting us know which elementary school you’ll be walking at.
May 18 - Prom
May 30 - Senior Awards & Scholarship Night
TBD - Yearbooks
- Check the MHS Yearbook website for details and updates.
TBD - Senior Evening & Sunset
TBD - Moving Up Ceremony & Elementary School Walk
TBD - Senior Check-out & Last Day to Turn in Work
- Textbook/equipment/etc drop off and pay any outstanding fines and past years lunch balances at MHS.
- Senior check-out must be completed (including Running Start students) in order to get your graduation tickets. 8 tickets per graduate, additional tickets will be available for $5/ea in the main office
June 12, 2024 - Graduation at 7:00 p.m. at Angel of the Winds Arena in Everett
Graduation attire and conduct: You should wear appropriate semi-formal attire under your gowns. Choose shoes carefully - you don’t want to trip on the stairs or stage! Please wear caps and gowns as per your order from National Achiever, and any school-provided regalia (honor cords and medals, etc.). Remember that this is a formal event, so your conduct and attire should reflect that this is a celebration of the hard work of the entire class, together and all the ways you’ve supported each other and been supported by your families along the way! Any supplemental dress or decoration must abide by the district’s student dress code policies.
TBD - Senior Party (Organized & Managed by the 2024 Senior Parent Group)