Learning & Teaching
The Monroe School District's Learning and Teaching Department support schools by providing effective, research-based classroom instructional materials, professional development for staff and the coordination of state and district assessment/testing. Our goal is focused on upholding the Monroe School District’s commitments to Powerful Instruction, Equitable Access, and High Expectations for all students we serve.
Our team of professionals provide the following services:
- Oversight for the selection, implementation, and ongoing support of instructional materials aligned with Washington State Learning Standards
- Coordination of state and district level assessments in order to support teachers’ instructional decisions to improve overall student learning
- Guidance for schools to align instructional practices with current research and best practices
- Coordination with schools around professional development for staff
- Ensure that all schools uphold local, state, and federal educational requirements specific to funding, including LAP, Title and local levy allocations