Safety, Risk & Security
Are you interested in our department, security team or emergency services giving a presentation to your classroom?
Would you like to request additional department training in emergency preparedness?
Would you like to sign up for our RAVE911 emergency notifications?
Our department is committed to preparing and empowering our schools to respond to security risks, incidents and emergencies confidently and effectively. In partnership with local emergency services, we are constantly working to establish a culture of safety and security that provides for a safe learning environment for all students. To accomplish this, our Safety and Security team work with our staff to provide training and support in school safety and emergency/disaster preparedness.
Please select the appropriate menu item on the left bar to access additional information and documents.
Our areas of responsibility include:
- Creation, revision, and facilitation of the District's Emergency Operation Procedures
- Disaster, emergency and crisis incident command
- Chemical hygiene
- Risk management
- Fire/Life/Safety inspections & audits
- Threat assessments & safety planning
- Emergency communication
- Drills, exercises and training facilitation
- Cultivating local partnerships with local and state agencies