Click the button below to access WINGS:
This area offers Canvas courses designed for parents i.e. committees, SLP info, math resources, etc.
Parents may use the link below for logging into Canvas.
For first time users please follow these instructions. Please note that for this setup you must use a Chrome or Firefox browser. If an Internet Explorer browser is used you will get an error message.
NOTE: After setting up password in Step 5 - make sure you go to Step 6. Canvas will redirect you to an incorrect login screen for parents.
- Go to https://svec.instructure.com/login/canvas
- Select forgot password.
- Enter your home email address (NOTE: This is the email you have in Wings).
- Go to your email and click on link to change password.
- Change your password and go directly to step 6.
- Go back to https://svec.instructure.com/login/canvas and log in.
Students may use the link below for logging into Canvas.
- Click on the above link.
- Enter your school district email account.
- Enter your school district password.
How to log into Canvas for the first time
- Go to gmail.com.
- Log in using your student school district email account and school district password.
- After authenticating email address click on the button above - the student should be logged in now.
- When logging onto Canvas, users will be presented with a Google account login screen. This is because Canvas uses students' school email address as the username, as the school email addresses are provided to us through Google.
- Student email addresses are generated by the district in the following format: The first 5 letters of the student's last name, the first 3 letters of the student's first name, a 000 at the end followed by @school.monroe.wednet.edu. For example, John Peters would be: email@example.com.
- If there is a duplicate student with the same first and last name at the school, the email address might have 001 instead of 000. For example: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The most common issue for students accessing Canvas is a 403 message popping up with the following message: Error: app_not_configured_for_user
This 403 message is caused from the user being logged onto a personal gmail account. To fix the problem, go to gmail.com click on the profile picture in the top right corner of your screen, click sign out, then try logging back onto Canvas.